Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Expert Hotlips
    Tuesday 6th March (but some of Monday 5th)

Monday vanished before we had time to blink, breakfast, eye test, shopping,home, then out to dine,well that's the day in a coconut shell.
    But i want to talk about failing eye sight.Yes we both had our eye test yesterday, hubby's is fine his "headaches" are because he admitted not wearing his reading glasses at work..(bad boy).
    Me, well my left eye is blurred so i have reading glasses already but now i need glasses to wear to watch TV and to use the computer...Arrrgh when will it end.
    Another hefty bill as i chose my frames and paid up begrudgingly for what seems 20 minutes work.
    Collect new specs in 10 days.Still i guess the good thing is I'll be able to see the menu on the TV and read what shows are coming up.

Get your eyes checked folks.

We went straight to Tesco's after that, been hunting the new Marmite Guinness have you seen it? no where in any of our stores.Grrr
    Anyway done a shop and got all the bits i need to make sugar mice.Easter biscuits,and chicks yummy i shall have fun making them, i always make something nice for my hubby and his work collegues,also for my grand daughters....yeah i know too young to be a granny, well i had my son young.
    I am as young as i feel and as hubby is my "toy boy" well two years younger than me but its fun saying i got me a toy boy.
    Anyway at Christmas i was given £30 vouchers for john lewis we went to the store all the way to cribbs causeway as Bristol has no John Lewis and i got me a super little cookbook called..."yummy little cookbook" it has fantastic ideas like the mice and bugs and chicks.some made from icing sugar some from coconut can't wait to try it out.Hubby as usual is going to be my guinea pig but he's not the best choice as he has no sense of taste.Rarely do I eat what i make, strange i know but if i did I'd be sixty stone.

Once back home it was hunt a space in the kitchen for everything, my kitchen is small like a galley so space is a premium.

After a cuppa hubby nabs the computer Grrrr...so i set to on my Air walker may as well nowt better to do, after an hour hubby shows no sign of getting off the computer and he muffles a quick..shall we dine out? "but i was going to do a salad" after a quick think...salad-dineout...salad-dineout the choice was made so at 6pm we went out to the local Frankie & Bennys where i had pasta and hubby ate half a cow on a bun yuk! As he bites into the bun it looks like the cow is trying to escape as it slips out towards me...."Ooh push it back i say" it looks disgusting but he ate it all and enjoyed it immensely.
    So you see Monday came and went before i could Blink.
    Now it's Tuesday and hubby is working,I got to clear this table as it's getting dusty, phone the builder as we need a wall built and do some paperwork.so folks thats all for now.

bye x hotlips x

Expert Hotlips
    Wednesday 7th March

Just a quickie...My tesco delivery of the heavy stuff arrived nice and early was well pleased as this time they had everything i wanted.
    I always shop for the heavy thing like my water and orangina i drink the stuff every day.

Postie was early today too...whats it about Wednesday everyone is coming early, got a free dove bar of soap to test for a month and then fill in their questionnaire, this was because i filled in their online survey on Dove product's you either love them or not and i love them, so am delighted to have a test to do would have preferred their regenerist cream cost over £20 but hey I'll make do with a bar of soap.

Done a few bits on the computer...oh did i say i made porridge this morning it was lovely.

Builder came to measure should get the quote in a week got another builder coming on saturday afternoon so thats two quotes then.Why is building work so dear?
    wish i'd learnt a trade like that.

anyhow hubby has the day off he's outside cutting the grass, its gotten long after the winter.The sun is out so hope he can get it done quickly that way it may dry out a bit better.

made a birthday card for an old school friend she lives in Canada now, always nagging us to go over, maybe we shall soon, but next year it's the USA for us.Saving hard so we got plenty of spends.

well going to pop the kettle on and make an afternoon cuppa, might just give it a minute till the grass is cut don't want to stop him mid flow.

bye x hotlips x

Expert Hotlips
    Thursday 8th march

Really p*ssed off this morning was woken with the sound of hammering at 7.45am from next door,Grr
    I hate being woken like that.I like to wake naturally nice and slowly and just slumber in bed before i get up.But OH NO hammer bang hammer bang don't they know what time it is!
    I bet it was a man.Grrr

The sun is shining which in turn makes my windows look dirty, haven't got a window cleaner since the old guy retired a year ago, so what can i do, the downstairs is manageable but upstairs is in dire need of some attention from a sponge and water.

The garden is looking nice now the grass is cut,plans are afoot to get rid of our pond and just use a bird bath for their drinking and bathing,but who wants to drink their bath water so am buying another bird bath thingy just to make sure we have enough.
    Question is do i label them one saying Drink and the other saying Bath..Lol oh the dilemma.

I will be glad to get shot of the pond, hubby hates the cleaning as the frog spawn blocks the pump and so do the frogs .So its going very soon, roll on the warmer weather and the mud becomes lawn again, that'll be the right time.

So what am i doing today well a little of this and a bit of that and nothing in between.

bye x hotlips x

Contributor FBThree
    Ahh - ponds are good stuff. We've got newts and loads of frogs (which are really good at eating slugs and snails) in ours. And my cats really enjoy drinking the algae water too (yuk !).

Expert Hotlips
    Quote Originally Posted by FBThree
    Ahh - ponds are good stuff. We've got newts and loads of frogs (which are really good at eating slugs and snails) in ours. And my cats really enjoy drinking the algae water too (yuk !).
    thats funny as our dog loves to slurp from the pond too.tuk! must be an animal thing.

Expert Hotlips
    Friday 9th March.

Easy come easy go was the morning post as a letter arrived i opened it to find a cheque but it wasnt for us it was for a garage way way down the road, how the hell it got to us i don't know,but hubby walked the dog and handed it over to them.

While i made brekki of bacon and egg hubby finished his walk with the dog, the smell of bacon wafted through the house had to open the windows to clear the nice aroma.

Laundry dried nicely on the line glad of hubbys help here as i struggle to lift anything heavy and when bedding is washed its HEAVY.It all got a good blow dry and i've just ironed what needed to be ironed.

Dog weighed at vets....he was slightly over weight and has now lost 2.2kg so i'm well pleased he now is 33.2kg started at 35.4 so well happy.

Im buying cooked chickens and i break them up to small bits and mix it with dog food, a dried dog food i should say,he gets 4 parts chicken and 2 parts dry food.morning and evening.It's working as his weight is falling nice and steady.

Popped into somerfield as its pretty local for his chickens got some more fruit whilst in there.

And thats the day almost gone.Havent even started any air walking yet but i will.

bye x hotlips x

Expert Hotlips
    Saturday 10th March.

It's saturday a nice lay in bed and get up at 9:30am oh the luxury of the weekend, the sun shine glistens through the windows as i open the curtains and blinds, oh it looks to be the start of a nice day.

The builder comes just after 10:30am this is our second quote, but there's something about him and i can't put my finger on it,but it appeared to me like it was too much like hard work.I shall await his quote as normally if they don't want the job they quote a sky high price, good job i'm getting a couple of quotes for the job of building a brick wall.

My order from Amazon arrived...I got my brother the Doctor Who 1963 -2003 40th anniversary gift set.I shall give it to him when he comes to visit.He's the one whose ticket i booked online.London - Bristol £3.brilliant price eh!

I know he will be chuffed to bits with this gift.Only got a DVD to come then thats everything i have ordered.

Tell me have you ever slept walked and gone to the loo? last night i dreamt i was going to the loo and as i sat on the loo i almost slipped into the bowl, it woke me suddenly and i found myself in the bathroom....how strange is that, I haven't slept walked for years,even more amazing was the walking normally gives such pain i need my tablets within an hour of waking yet i felt no pain in this trance walk.Now if only this could be boxed up and sold i'd be rich.

Been on my airwalker and watched daddies little girls about girls who are spoilt so badly by their daddy.Oh my god! they are so spoilt it makes me sick.
    My weigh today, always weigh in on saturday morning lost another 2lbs big yay to me.I see on the calendar hubby has lost a pound too which is good for him.We both note down our weight on the kitchen calendar so as a family we are all doing great even the dog.(see fridays blog).
    I was kind of worried as this week i have eaten a whole carrot cake...well 3 slices a day with my afternoon cuppa, and i got another in the larder it was buy one get one free.who can resist.

so now the afternoon i have more physio to do and some air walking.

bye. x hotlips x

Expert Hotlips
    Sunday 11th March

Morning passed fast as we settled to read the papers, what a load of bull i ask you..Its the same old stuff every week.
    Headed off to the pub down the road for Sunday lunch, its a regular place we dine they do great food at good prices.sunday lunch cost average £16 for the two of us but we always have extra veg and roasties.

Normally after lunch we would return home but i had informed my hubby the local community centre had a table top sale on at 2pm and as it wasn't far off that time so we drove there and waited in the car till the doors opened.no charge for entry that's what i like to see..

Bought plenty of children's book in good condition , also got a few bargains from one woman with baby toys, they are all good as new and she was selling them 10p each i couldn't believe our luck, needless to say we bought loads musical toys are great and she even had them for 10p.think for her it was a case of get rid no matter what cost and we happened to be there.

returning home £18 lighter..lol...one of the frog toys started to play and another started to make quacking noises, it was rather funny as we looked at each other as they played their noisy tunes i think the toys were having their own little party in the back seat carrier bag.It was quiet entertaining the drive home.

Now after a much needed cuppa and some carrot cake,the toys are unpacked along with 3 more beaded necklaces for me, well 50p each what lady could resist such a bargain.Now all i have to do is give the toys all a wipe with my anti-bacterial spray and wrap them up for posting to a friend who has a little girl and some will be for our grand daughters.

Hubby bought a "rock it rap it ribbit" dances and sings "crazy in love" its a green frog with all the girlie bling, its bops and sings and is rather good, this is going to a friends daughter we felt she would love it..its still in its box so deffo a bargain there.

oh yes he also found a Finnians figurine its "Bottler" one from a collection had to look him up online, but as he came with a itsy bitsy bottle of Guinness it'll go well with my miniature bottle collection in the downstairs cloakroom..(loo) to some.

so overall a pleasant day, sunny and warm, think this is the first day neither of us has worn a coat so that gives you an idea how nice it is.

bye. x hotlips x

Expert Hotlips
    Monday 12th March.

Oh don't you just hate Mondays..I know i do.
    When i woke up this morning the house was quiet, so after a long shower, i dried and dressed in record time.Postie soon set the dog off barking like a dog with rabies he rushes towards the door and skids out the front room as the rug slides with him and he ends up in the hallway on his bottom.looking stunned the dog has forgotten what he was barking at in the first instance.

Why has he got to got berserk you'd think he would learn by now that the rugs slide on the laminate floor.His face was a picture.
    There's only a few times his actions can appear comical and this is one of them another is when he passes some wind he appears shocked and looks as if to say where's that come from.

Post today was junk,Sky keep sending us the 3 for £26 offer but in small writing its an additional £11 for a BT phone line.We left sky a while back and i'm fed up with them, you know 3 days ago they phoned asking for my husband i said he's at work can i take a message and she said its sky we were just wanting to have a chat to see if he would like to come back.I was furious,and told her no more phone calls, no more post..(but we have had more post since) If my husband wanted to come back he would, but for now there's no way he's going to move back to them.cheeky devils.
    Why don't SKY take NO for an answer?

I've been sorting the toys cleaning with anti-bacterial stuff and wrapped up some parcels ready to post tomorrow.
    Also i have bagged up our plastics, our glass, and few tins so we can pop them into the relevant banks that are near the post office.so we can get rid of a load tomorrow.

We have so many bottles,they're the small orangina bottles and we must have about 50 they rattle around in the bags and makes you sound like a wino or something.I'll let hubby dump them as i pop into the post office to post some stuff.

Still haven't had my DVD I thought it was from Amazon as i ordered it from there but apparently its coming from DVD.co.uk
    Don't know how long they are going to make me wait but i shall give it this week and this week only.

well i'm away to air walk bye x hotlips x

Contributor daniela9uk
    Where are you today Hotlips? I read your blog every day and I am missing it today. Are you out there still?