Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Expert Hotlips
    Quote Originally Posted by daniela9uk
    Where are you today Hotlips? I read your blog every day and I am missing it today. Are you out there still?
    Hello I wasnt so good yesterday too much pain so went straight back to my recliner chair and rested up there.

It's lovely to hear from someone who is reading my blog,i know someone was, as i seen the numbers go up,but as hardly anyone says anything i don't know if i'm just boring people to death.

Expert Hotlips
    Wednesday 14th March

Yesterday is missing as I was really having a painful day, and as my computer is sitting on what used to be our dining table I just could not haul myself up to it and spend time sitting upright.

You see i have a really bad spine and the pain can shoot right down my legs too it then goes into nasty spasms and all i can do is lay in my bed or recliner take diazipan and wait for the darn spasms to stop.Yesterday was one of those bad days that no matter what i tried to do i couldnt, and the problem just wouldnt go away.

So apologies to my readers.

Today the sun is just coming out and i feel better,(fingers crossed)I've managed to have some toast and i know i have to be careful so nothing major is planned to do today.

The dog has taken his place in the conservatory, he has a wicker two seater sofa to lounge on and boy does he make good use of it.
    I remembered to feed him he is on a diet ...he's not fat as such but he could do with some weight loss so his food is easy a small handful of dried food and some fresh cooked chicken.

I buy the spit roasted chickens in Tesco normally about 2 of them sometimes i buy 4.when cool i pull them apart and into little bits, removing all bones.I bag up half the chicken in a poly bag and pop them in my freezer, so each day i can pull out what the dog needs put it into a plastic container in my fridge, best bit is if we want a chicken sarnie we can use the chicken too.After all it is just chicken.The dog enjoys his little meal, he will be given another small meal around 4pm normally i wait till he moans at me and licks his lips, then i know he wants fed.

Anyway he's laying out in the conservatory lapping up the warmth from the sun,it can get quite hot out there you know.

Just had one quote arrive from one of the builders...OH my god its'£2284. (gulp)
    We need a wall to be built between us and our neighbour and this quote the first to come in covers all the work from removing the old panels and concrete post, dig the foundations and build a 6ft wall.its a lot of work so i expect the price is right.
    But even so its an awful lot of money.
    Must wait for the other quote to come then i can speak to our neighbour.

I'm happy today as i now know someone is reading my blog....yippee....i'd dance on the floor if i could.So a big hello to Daniela9UK.

Also i got an email from my daughter-in-law they are all coming down for a visit...yay, see what happened is some idiot decided to get married on Easter sunday....how does that affect me...well...my son and his family are going so i cannot visit my grand daughters, they offered us down the weekend before or after but hubby is working both those dates, so i was sad at the thought of not seeing them, and now they are going to drive the 2 hour journey to visit me.

reminder must get baby gate out of garage.
    I have lots for them so this is ideal as now i wont have to post the girls their Easter treats.
    Instead of an easter egg hubby took me to the cash and carry where i bought two containers of sweets, you know the ones you see in shop 1p sweets.well i got two whole containers that should keep them happy for a good long time.Plus a cuddly toy each and some pop up books.

Hubby posted my toys to my friends little baby and he said the post lady put the stickers on the parcels and set of the music, she said there's going to be one happy little girl, and she is right...all the toys we got play music they'll proberly drive the mum and dad mad but hey who cares...i'm miles away hee hee.wait till she's older i may buy her a drum set.

well i've nattered enough time for me to rest.

bye x hotlips x

Contributor daniela9uk
    Thank you for mentioning me in your blog. I am pretty sure that many people read your blog they just don't say anything.
    Please, carry on with writing, it is great. And hope you are really getting better.

Enthusiast evilgenius
    Quote Originally Posted by daniela9uk
    I am pretty sure that many people read your blog they just don't say anything.
    Please, carry on with writing, it is great. And hope you are really getting better.
    Dittttto
    When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane

Rpoints Legend dogbasket.
    Could you mention me in your blog next time please?

Expert Hotlips
    Quote Originally Posted by dogbasket@Rpoints
    Could you mention me in your blog next time please?
    AW thanks all you kind folk.evilgenius,daniela9uk, and not forgetting the dogbasket@rpoints...lol my dog would love you.

Rpoints Legend dogbasket.
    Now it looks as though some people are getting more mentions than others.

Contributor daniela9uk
    ...hmm,you mean, ME? twice lol

Expert Hotlips
    No satisfying some people lol.Now go play nicely.

Expert Hotlips
    Thursday 15th March

A lot has happened since yesterday so i will try cram in as much as i can.
    I woke extra early so got up and had a cereal breakfast, hubby had kindly carried down the laundry basket as i cannot carry this down the stairs,it's not a case of being heavy more my balance ain't great on a good day never mind carrying laundry.Any way i need one free hand to operate my stair lift.

So having placed a quick energy saving wash on 29 minutes that's all it takes plus the new washer decides when its a half load as mine was so it really doesn't take long to do.

I knew when the post was coming as the dog has radar hearing and postie cannot get passed the first gate without the dog telling me, yes he done his usual bark run slip on rug that slipped along the hall like a skateboard.He cannot get to postie as we have a front door and a porch door so anything that comes lands inside the porch and i have to open the front door to get it.So postie is safe.

The long awaited DVD i ordered has come at last, i was getting worried in case it had gone walkabouts...not saying there's loads of tea-leafs in the postal service but a heck of a lot of mail goes missing each year as seen on watchdog last night.
    We once sent hubby's youngest sister £20 in a Xmas card and guess what she never got it, the first we knew is Xmas day when i said to hubby she should have phoned by now to say she got it so we phoned her and found out nothing arrived, i was livid £20 is a lot of money to vanish, so angry i wrote a letter to the postal service with details of when and where it was posted.They refunded me the £20 and said there's been a lot of missing mail from that particular post box, leaving me to only guess someone was nicking the mail.

anyway where was i oh yes postie, most days the poor guy carries junk mail today was no exception other than my DVD, i do feel sorry for him as what he has to lug around and pop through my door goes directly to the shredder or bin.

Tesco delivered one minute early today,all my stuff too! that's the second time i got all what i ordered,wonder if its anything to do with being on their panel.
    It's taken a good while to unpack the stuff as i ordered all my water including the flavoured pomegranate...have you tried it? its lovely.Hidden some packets of sweets hopefully hubby won't find them as i got them for Easter,neither of us like to buy Easter eggs, it's all packaging and not much else, so i buy a selection of sweets.

Had my eldest brother on the phone he has a free day so I'm making travel plans for when my other brother comes to visit us we take a drive to Milton keynes and visit my eldest brother, we don't get together very often as everyone works shifts and its near on impossible to fix a date suitable for everyone....but i think i got it.yay will phone my brother tonight who is in london and sort out does he want to travel back home from milton keynes or come home with us and travel home another day.
    Either way i then can book his return journey.

Seen the neighbour re: the builders quote he's just going to check the quote is a fair quote, easy done for him as he works in the scaffolding business and had building mates, if all is well we may go with this builder.Havent had a quote from the other guy but then i wasn't convinced he was the right guy for the job he gave me the impression it was too much like hard work.
    So I'm b*ggered if he's reading this and puts two and two together.

Dog threw up this morning in the conservatory not food as so far he hasn't touched his grub, but all this bright yellow foamy stuff vile to look at, yuk! so i opened the door and led him to the garden to finish throwing up, he looked like a rabid dog with yellow foam around his mouth, grabbed some kitchen roll to wipe his face.poor love.He then munched some grass and soil and is now sleeping on his seat out in the conservatory.

I'm contemplating having some lunch but as I'm not hungry yet i may leave it till later.I have a bit of Air walking to do.

bye x hotlips x