Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Expert Hotlips

Hotlips Reflects on the day.

8:23am This morning started noisily as the postie rang the doorbell which in turn got the dog mad who barked and snarled heckles raised he rushed down stairs like an elephant hitting every step.
    His barking wont stop till he see's off whoever has annoyed him, so i climb out of bed and swing open my bedroom window..."yes" i said looking down to a short balding man, "package for mrs downs" he said,"wrong house"i said in anger."sorry" he said and off he went leaving my gate wide open...git!

9:am Breakfast 2 rashers bacon one egg & water then down a handful of pills...no not topping myself something i need to help my condition.Popped dishes into dishwasher.Fed dog.he's happy when he eats.

worked on the computer for an hour and a half just the usual boring stuff.

11:30am I have a small path in my back garden what leads to my garage here my mobility scooter is kept fully charged as when the charge runs down it goes too slow for me, yes i like to get where i'm going without the snails beating me to it. give me speed anytime.(not the drugs)

11:45am travelled into the local shopping center popped into post office and then went to the fruit shop spent just over £5 on fruit, that will last exactly 4 days.
    then popped into somerfield for some salad stuff and headed back home.

12:45pm prepared a bit of lunch, today it was a ham salad filled pitta bread, ever tried it? its to die for.Oh and a bottle of Orangina nice and cold.

1:20pm made a mothers day card for hubbys mum, sadly my mum died back in 89 two years after we got married,yep i still miss her at times like this.
    Then i set to doing a tesco shopping order for her as her mothers day gift, ordered loads of meat and nice things she wouldnt normally buy like carrot cake on special 2 for one oh what a lucky lady, also ordered bog roll...well if she eats everything i bought she's gonna need the bog roll.Anhway its going to be delivered to her address in time for mothers day.so thats that sorted.printed off a copy for hubby to view when he comes home from work alittle over £30 but i know she is eating proper then, see we used to just send money..but where's the fun in that,plus she would buy cakes, biscuits and sweets and she has a weight problem
    so her eating habits have to be retrained.I'm sure she will be delighted with her food hamper...well not hamper literally more like tesco bags.

2:15pm downloaded a spamfighter that a very kind rpointer in the rbay thread pointed me to, been getting lots of ****** emails and saucy underwear..come on can you see me in peek a boo bra and crutchless panties.....no on seconds thoughts dont answer that!
    read the tutourial and it appears to be just what i need. fingers crossed it helps.

3m back on rpoints just having a look around and chatting, thought i'd try this blog as i have enjoyed reading others.Not sure if you'll enjoy mine as i always think my day is boring.

3:53 now i'm finishing this blog got to get started on the fruit salad i make one every night when hubby is home not on late shift of course.We eat 7 different fruits which i chop slice or dice its filling and its a healthy option than a heavy meal at 6:30pm.hubby has lost 5lbs already in one week and me well.....I have lost 2 stone, so i'm wagging my bootie to hubbys delight.

so its bye bye from me for now. x hotlips x

Moderator nina_c79
    Nice blog hotlips although for some reason when you said this:

Fed dog.he's happy when he eats.
    in my current state of post-alcohol riddled mind I read it as this:

Ate the dog. I’m happy when I eat.
    and also this:

also ordered bog roll...well if she eats everything i bought she's gonna need the bog roll
    I thought you meant that once your mother-in-law runs out of food she'd have to start eating the bog roll!

I had to read and re-read your post about 3 times before I realised what you meant.

Expert Hotlips
    LOL at Nina....

Contributor tubbs
    Great blog, please don't think it's boring, now this IS a boring blog!! http://www.wibsite.com/wiblog/dull/
    .....I may be arguing in my spare time....

Expert Hotlips
    Quote Originally Posted by tubbs
    Great blog, please don't think it's boring, now this IS a boring blog!! http://www.wibsite.com/wiblog/dull/
    now thats boring thanks that has helped a lot.

Expert Hotlips
    Friday 2nd March.

10:11am they say the early bird catches the worm but i am neither early nor a worm.I have struggled this morning to get up not for lack of sleep the arthritis in my spine is painful today you see.

it's taken me best part of an hour just to get moving, this is the consequence of doing too much the day before.

see my trouble is when i feel good i feel i can take on the world,i'm not old and i want to do things.
    But being struck with a rubbish spine my limitations are indeed limited.
    I enjoyed my ride out yesterday but i pay the price today, i've popped my pills and am going to do my physio in a bit, a good hour of bending and movement will loosen my spine it's agony to start with and the air turns blue but i force myself else i know i'm gonna be stuck in my wheel chair for life.

now don't get me wrong i havent used my wheel chair for several months i unfortunately use a cane just one , they (the hospital) wanted me to use two but i said NO...i'm stubborn you see.Well i need one hand free from my cuppa don't i.

anyway back to physio its a case of do or die...
    I do an hour in the morning this gives me release from the stiff painful condition that has ceased up overnight.
    Then two or three more as the day progresses.

In between i do bits and bobs on the computer earn some Amazon vouchers what i save up to buy CD's for hubby and myself.

Hubby is fantastic, he knows i try to do things sometimes i get into a pickle but over the years i have learnt to ask for help...not easy to do that you know.

Once i was home alone and was bending and moving when my eye caught the fire grill, it was dusty as hell in there, looking to the side i spied two screws so i thought i'd unscrew the grill and dust the shiney inside bit...well....

Screwdriver in hand i bent well women always do two things at once,i unscrewed the screws, the screwdriver is magnetic so the screws stick to it easy to remove.then the wire mesh came away brilliant i thought, went and got a duster and polish ..and bend......
    polished the ledges and all the horrid duster bits but unfortunately i bent for too long and my spine ceased, sending me down to the floor.

now that may not sound much but if on floor level i cannot for love or money get up without assistance, i was stuck on the floor for just over 5 hours.Hubby went mad when he got home from work, he was mad that i tried to clean the god darn fire but glad i didnt injure myself.
    needless to say i don't try silly things like that again, but hey hows a girl to know what her limitations are unless she tries.

ok times is a passing and physio won't wait I have put it off long enough.

bye for now ... x hotlips x

Moderator nina_c79
    I know you probably don’t need it but I’ll send you a virtual (((hug))) anyway. When I had sciatica it was the most painful thing I have ever experienced. I was doped up on a cocktail of Tramadol, Diclofenac, Co-Dydramol and 20 Ibuprofens a day, I had some mind-bending hallucinations I can tell you. I hope your medication is not as bad as mine was. Physio, ah remember it well. Pain, pain and more pain.

Hope you are feeling less stiff over the weekend hotlips, have a good one

Expert Hotlips
    Quote Originally Posted by nina_c79
    I know you probably don’t need it but I’ll send you a virtual (((hug))) anyway. When I had sciatica it was the most painful thing I have ever experienced. I was doped up on a cocktail of Tramadol, Diclofenac, Co-Dydramol and 20 Ibuprofens a day, I had some mind-bending hallucinations I can tell you. I hope your medication is not as bad as mine was. Physio, ah remember it well. Pain, pain and more pain.

Hope you are feeling less stiff over the weekend hotlips, have a good one
    yes and yes to the first two drug no to the other two, plus a fair few more.
    looking sunny outside but i can't go anywhere today.too sore.

thanks for the hug hun, thats sweet. all hugs accepted puts a smile on my face. hope tomorrow is better.

not feeling so bad had worse days, so knuckle on and try to ignore aches and pains is the best way for me.got some airwalking to do, machine is set up in front room so i can watch the goggle box and get airwalking at the same time.

forgot to feed the dog, wondered why the brute came up to me in the middle of twisting with a big moan....then it dawned on me i hadnt fed him poor little thing, well he aint little he's big but hungry.
    so pulled his chicken out the fridge and mixed some with some dry dog food, he whoofed it down now he's sunning himself on the wicker sofa out in the conservatory.

There's only a couple of things that say a dog lives here, his bark when the doorbell goes, and his fart.phew...what a pong! other than that you'd never guess he lived here, even now he's out there kipping not a sound to be heard.

bye for now x hotlips x

Expert Hotlips
    Saturday 3rd March.

Another day started quiet enough i woke to find the dog slumbering next to me,it must be love.
    I don't feel the pain i had yesterday so i guess I'm going to have a good day, opening the curtains and blinds i see its sunny well that's a good start and it puts a smile on my face, yeah i know little things please little minds.

Once washed and dressed i pop the iron on to do the half dozen items that need a press, the dog is still in my bed,he's awake but just laying there eye balling me, he knows when i am done he will get up.

Phone rings, its my brother well one of them he lives in mums old place in London,we chat for best part of an hour don't time fly when you're having fun.Arrangements have been made for him to come stay for a few days I purchased his coach ticket online cost £3 yeah i know that's cheap i was well chuffed, printed off the accompanying letter and sent it to him its his E-Ticket you see told him not to lose it.I could have had a ticket for one pound but the timings of travel were a bit dodgy.

So back to the ironing, oh i hate ironing and the call was a welcome break but it don't get the job done.So i press on.

Moving to the stair lift i make my way down stairs,now i know elderly people have stairlifts but why oh why do they go so slow? I've timed mine and it takes exactly 2 minutes to travel up or down.
    Half the time the dog will rush passed me in an effort to get to the door quickly for a pee, he still hasn't worked it out that he's got to wait for me to open it.

The morning passed by uneventful, oh yes i almost forgot i had a freebie arrive, a big bar of Heaven chocolate,i've stashed it in the fridge ready for later.
    watched scream 2 that was on last night on tv,recorded it you see so i could watch it whilst i done some airwalking, time passes a whole lot quicker when you're watching something.

Prepared my steamer with veg and new potatoes for tonight and wrapped a couple of plump pork chops in foil for oven roasting.so that'll be tea sorted i like easy meals like this.

I dunno.. my dog has slept all day he's certainly showing his age wonder how he will take to my brother, they've never met and sometimes my dog don't like people his heckles raise and he's ever so wary.
    He's extremely protective of me,which is nice.

So saturday has been uneventful - quiet,sunny,and boring i guess.

made two Easter cards, i know i got a few more to do but I'm just not in the mood,doe's that ever happen to you? being in the mood to do something.Think i will sit down with the paper and see whats happening in the world.

got another 3 hours before hubby is home from work, its his weekend to work but he will have Monday off.

Oh my... bird fight......our garden has all the things a birdie could want and now they're arguing over who bathes first.the water fall in our pond has 5 shelves and the blackbirds always bathe in there, two are making a bit of a noise over the pond.I wouldn't mind but i have a pedestal bath thing too and no-one seems to use it.So i guess birds prefer running water.

A huge frog has made home in the pond and at night you can hear him croaking it's their breeding time and i've noticed some frog spawn in the pond already.I don't mind they eat slugs so i am told so as long as they do that then i'm happy.
    Now don't get me wrong slugs havent hurt me but they have gobbled up most of the bulbs planted last year...slimey gits.

well rabbit-ted on long enough, i can natter forever but i reckon if you got this far you're likely to be thinking this woman is mad.Or something along those lines.

so i shall shutup and s*d off. bye. x hotlips x

Expert Hotlips
    Sunday 4th March

Hi guys and gals I'm popping in early as I'm planning to watch the box and do my airwalking.

Don't you just Hate Sundays, i know i do...when i woke i could hear the rain pounding on the windows so knew straight away it's going to be one of those days.

The dog was on the bed (again) he knows luxury when he see's it.But the one quick way to get me up is a dog fart..yep guaranteed to make you rise.As i flipped back the quilt he looks miffed anyone would think i made that smell,his nose twitched as he eye balled me, "don't you dare do that" i yelled,his black eyes stared at me ignoring me as usual.still i was up now so best get on.

A quick shower or so i thought my mind wondered to a dream I'd had,it was one of those dreams where a family member wins the lottery.In my mind i was thinking what I'd do with such a win,i'd planned a big party and after a few drinks and nice meal I'd go round handing out envelopes each containing a cheque, enough to pay off mortgages and give them some peace of mind.Then i'd go away with hubby.it's nice to dream,but just then the bathroom door began to open..I'm home alone so what the *uck.
    Grabbing my flannel, yeah that's going to hide my modesty i sat frozen in the shower when in trails the dog, bl**dy hell he half scared me to death.

He must have wondered what i was doing, as normally he's lazing on the bed.watching me dress i wonder what he thinks of me....wish i could mind read.
    some people want to be invisible i want to mind read.

Over breakfast, (just some toast) I thought of the Eclipse last night I love things like that Its always an awesome sight.I much prefer it during daylight it has more impact then, night time eclipse just lacks the Arr factor.

So my day..well lets see it's still raining the dog is still kipping and me .....well i've managed to bung the laundry into the machine and get that done,i've done my daily physio but more airwalking to do.
    I'm planning fruit salad for tonight so later in about an hour or so i'll be chopping and dicing fruits.

I've finally got round to printing off a selection of photos that i promised someone ages ago,so that will be posted tonight, hubby walks the dog and he takes any post i have.
    Got a present to wrap for Easter but thats still ages away so no rush.

Another weekend bites the dust...I hate when hubby has to work it gets somewhat lonely at home, I miss company.oh well thats me done for now folks.

bye x hotlips x

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast