Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Rpoints Elite Brucey has a spectacular aura about Brucey has a spectacular aura about Brucey has a spectacular aura about
    Quote Originally Posted by RTB
    Well done with your results.
    Thanks!

Contributor 8grand
    You clearly need to study harder.... only a B in Biology...tut tut
    Debts paid, 2 sheds, Fence, TV, Skiing Holiday for 4, butlins for 4, computer repairs, pressure washer, meals out, days out...Thanks Rpoints

Rpoints Elite qwerty321
    Oh OK, we are on AQA. It just happened to be the fringe year when I took my AS paper. That means that the exam board picks the topics with less emphasis placed on them, done every few years. Again this year for the 4th unit it turned out to be fringe again!

Just my luck

Rpoints Elite Brucey has a spectacular aura about Brucey has a spectacular aura about Brucey has a spectacular aura about
    Title: Yipeee even more!

I was too busy to blog yesterday, so this "extra long" blog covers yesterday too.

So, yesterday I received the marks for my AS Level Biology coursework - I got 59/60. Add this onto my exam marks and I only need to get 70/105 in the summer module exam to get an A overall - any extra marks are a BruceyBonus and are carried over to the second year.

So today, I decided to attempt to finish my Computing coursework. It's only 25 pages long at the moment - and this is just one of the three tasks that I have to do - I need to get 166/210 marks in my coursework and summer module to get an A in computing.

And for today's downpoint, my 500 points for sending my phone into Tesco still haven't shown up. It's almost been 3 weeks now - anyone know how long it takes? If it's any longer than about 6 weeks, I'm going to make a £20 claim off the Royal Mail - as I would have exchanged the points for deals.

Contributor BabySquirrel
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceyBonus
    I quite like Cardiff, but becuase I'm not Welsh I get a lower student loan according to the Student Finance Wales website !
    ?

Is that because welsh students have a 'dependent' to look after at home?

I am of course referring to their 'winter woolie' or 'SHEEP' as we call them in England

Contributor BabySquirrel
    Quote Originally Posted by 8grand
    You clearly need to study harder.... only a B in Biology...tut tut
    or go out with a 'GIRL'

(they are great for revision for practicals)

(is that why cardiff and the prospect of pulling sheep down the student bar is so appealing?)

Title: Haven't blogged for a while!
    Date: The day before tomorrow

Right, so I've been really busy getting my website up and running, that I haven't had time to blog here. Well, here I am with an extra long edition of "Me & My Little World".

So, I managed to finish my Computing coursework today - all of it! I thought the day would never come - but it has!! And, as a real BruceyBonus, I discovered the college's proxy settings so I can now use PortableFirefox at college!!! The college's IT people must be stupid: they wouldn't give me the proxy settings when I asked at the IT helpdesk, but I noticed they are on a big poster in the college restaurant so visitors can use their laptops!!!!

The weather was lovely today - it was the first time we were able to sit on the grass outside at college but as everyone was outside, it meant that the Xboxes (yes - we do have Xboxes at college!!) and pool tables were free!!!!

I've been trying hard to win on WabbaDabba - doing my 15 searches a day - but so far haven't succeeded. I'm in need of some RAM for my computer and a few books, so some Amazon vouchers would be quite handy.

I'm still chasing up Virgin Mobile about my phone's unlocking code - it's been 2 months since they offered to provide the code. I've chased them up all the time, but I just keep getting really silly replies Anyway, I've got a letter ready-to-go for their Managing Director!!!

And, to top off my bad luck with phones, Tesco still haven't added on the 500 clubcard points for the phone I sent for recycling - almost 5 weeks after sending it I've emailed them but not yet received a reply. I can feel a Royal Mail claim for £20 coming on here (i.e. 500 points = £20 in deals).

A friend showed me how to add a British dictionary to Firefox at the weekend - so now my blogs should be word-perfect!

That's all for now folks!

Enjoy

Brucey.

Rpoints Elite qwerty321
    You have Xboxes and Pool Tables! Our college is Sh1t in that case!

Quote Originally Posted by adeemnisar89
    You have Xboxes and Pool Tables! Our college is Sh1t in that case!
    3x Xboxes and 1x Pool Table. They are completely funded by the Student's Union, so we have to do things to get the money - like have "fun days" with bouncy castles and BBQs etc to raise money!!! Apparently, if we can collect 140 old mobile phones, then they'll buy an Xbox 360!

Rpoints Elite qwerty321
    Our SU is pretty much useless, can't think of anything fun they have done. Only way they have helped me is for my NUS card!