Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Rpoints Elite Brucey has a spectacular aura about Brucey has a spectacular aura about Brucey has a spectacular aura about

Me & My Little World

Date: 24/01
    Title: Welcome to my world!

I'm not in a good mood

I walked to my nearest Curry's store today to attempt to get my phone unlocked (as instructed by Virgin). It took over an hour to walk there (but I did stop somewhere on the way!) I was then told that they couldn't find the unlock codes on their systems. So, I decided to get the bus home - £2.30 What a rip-off - and it wasn't a First Bus (who are normally expensive) - this was Stagecoach (who are usually cheaper). I'm going to send Virgin a nice letter requesting that they reimburse my expenses for a wasted journey due to their incompetence. Virgin

Anyway - I stopped at my local bowling alley on the way to Currys. AMF Bowling emailed a free voucher for 6 people to me when I booked a lane - so the first game was on me!! AMF Bowling

Silly me forgot that it was gone 12:00 when I arrived at HSBC - so I couldn't pay any money in as the branch I visited had no paying in machine - ah well, it'll just have to wait until Monday HSBC

We did save over £128/per year by changing to Powergen Extra Saver from EnergyOnline - which was quite a good start to the day! Powergen.

Anyway, I'm sure that you've had enough of reading the first issue of an insight into my little world!

Rpoints Elite Brucey has a spectacular aura about Brucey has a spectacular aura about Brucey has a spectacular aura about
    Date: 4/3
    Title: University Window Shopping

I've been window shopping for universities today. Trying to decide which ones I could visit in June when they have their open days. I'm probably going to apply for Biomedical Sciences or Biochemistry in 2008 and so far have shortlisted Cardiff, Southampton, Bristol, Bath and Surrey. I quite like Cardiff, but becuase I'm not Welsh I get a lower student loan according to the Student Finance Wales website but that shouldn't be too much of a problem anyway.

That's all for now.

Comments please!!

Expert Hotlips
    Well that stinks of discrimination getting a lower student loan just because you're not Welsh!

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlips
    Well that stinks of discrimination getting a lower student loan just because you're not Welsh!
    Exactly what I was thinking But I don't blame them!!!!

Title: Woohooo!

Just got my AS-Level module results today: Chemistry A, Computing A, Maths A, Biology B. Only 2 more modules left for each subject!!

And I even got a tax rebate ....... of £0.01 from my Nationwide current account - I didn't even claim for it

Plus I received tonnes of post today - freebie book from CD Wow with vouchers, driving license application form, Cambridge uni brochure, So'ton uni brochure, .....

But today's downpoint is that my Chemistry lecturer put us into exam conditions to do a piece of coursework - it was more like a test, although we could wonder around to look at equipment, books, or even go onto the internet! but we had to do it in silence!

Rpoints Elite qwerty321
    Congrats on your results. Our college have them today but they wont give them yet

Quote Originally Posted by adeemnisar89
    Congrats on your results. Our college have them today but they wont give them yet
    They were very efficient with our results. We have 5000 full-time students, of which about half would have taken an exam. They printed off and enveloped everyone's results by 10am. Attempting to persuade our chemistry lecturer to let us leave "exam conditions" to go and collect our results was tricky - but we suceeded!!!

Well done with your results.

Rpoints Elite qwerty321
    What board is your Computing, last year we had a really hard paper and there was about 1 B, no higher than that! I might be able to get my computing result from the teacher as he is the course leader.

Quote Originally Posted by adeemnisar89
    What board is your Computing, last year we had a really hard paper and there was about 1 B, no higher than that! I might be able to get my computing result from the teacher as he is the course leader.
    OCR - it was paper number 2506 "Intro Comp Sys & Software"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast