Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Moderator nina_c79
    Haven’t updated this thing in a while now, I just don’t have the time anymore. I’m in a moaning mood today, perhaps it’s because I’m on my period I don’t know, yes, I said the P word ooooo. Why do people, actually scratch that, why do men get so grossed out over periods? It’s part and parcel of being a woman. I personally don’t like it (but I’m allowed an opinion because I’m a woman) because a) I am an emotional wreck and b) the pain! Men just have no idea!

A period is not something that comes monthly, now I don’t know about other women out there but frack me about a week before it happens my boobs are like hypersensitive. They’re so sensitive it’s painful. It just feels like having two lead balloons on your chest. It’s also not very good because as most women know your hormones go crazy and you want sex. Yes, I said sex. We are all adults here, that’s what adults do in their spare time, ok well obviously I don’t mean that’s what everyone does as a hobby but that I’m sure anyone who’s reading this right now has had sex before, so what’s the big deal? Your boobs hurt, your partner wants to grab your boobs all the time and you have to bat away their wandering hands, you are in pain and just bloody miserable!

You want to talk emotions well here goes. 21 days of the month I try to be as unemotional as possible. So basically I’m a cold heartless bitch lol. Then it comes to period time and I’m an emotional wreck! I want to cry at the drop of a hat. I’m serious and it’s so not funny. The other day I was walking home and I saw some people at the tube station standing in the bitter cold handing out free mince pies to commuters. I had to hold back from the floodgates bursting because I thought it was such a nice thing to do. Another time I saw a squirrel foraging for food in the park and it started the waterworks again. Why? Because I thought the squirrel was sad and lonely and it was cold and he/she had no food. Madness I tells you, utter madness!

I want to constantly hug people and tell them I love them. Even when I argue with my boyfriend, even if something is his fault and I’m supposed to be mad at him I just start crying, telling him I’m sorry and that I love him and then shower him with hugs and kisses. And then there’s the pain. I’ve always had painful periods since I started and it’s got no better into adulthood. I get awful cramps and every month my boyfriend laughs that it looks like I’m doing pre-natal breathing exercises to get through the pain. It’s not a good look puffing in and out and making weird sounds, trust me. Pain medication never works, it’s just a case of grin and bear it.

And then there’s the blood. Yes, I said blood. Because that’s what it is. It’s not some blue liquid like those stupid bloody tampon adverts show you. It’s messy and gross and it hurts. Then you can get what I like to call ‘globules’. Girls, I know you know what I’m talking about. Those painful blood clots that feel like they’re scraping your insides travelling down. I need say no more. And on top of all that, do we women get allowed even one day off a month to deal with all this as part of a statutory allowance or something? Hell no. So on top of all this we have to go to work. And then you just know that you’re going to encounter some muppet during the day. ‘Oh what’s a matter with you, you must be on your period ha ha bloody ha’. Do you ever get those visions of just pummelling someone into oblivion? Men! You have no idea how lucky you are.

What else is new? Oh yes, my brother is getting married next year – to a girl named, wait for it, Tina. *Groan*. I haven’t met her yet, I keep teasing my brother that I’m going to tell her all the war stories about him and how he treated me when we were growing up. I think she thinks that my family must have made me up because she hasn’t seen me yet and they’ve been going out for years.

I haven’t quit smoking yet. My mum’s on my case about it so I’ve been getting an ear-bashing from her since the summer. It’s funny because I left home years ago and every time I go visit her she’s always asking if I had a drink the night before. I think two Christmas’s ago when I went round there my dad asked me what I wanted to drink. I said Bacardi Breezer and my mum was like ‘Oh my god! My little baby is turning into an alcoholic!’ And then she cussed out my dad for encouraging his daughter to be an alcoholic and all the shame that she would have to go through as Aunty such and such would know and that I’d turn into a thief to hide my habit, lose my job and ultimately go to jail. This was all before I even opened the bottle!

I have to keep on constantly telling her, ‘Mum, I’m 26, not 6!’ My mum is from the old skool, well she is 48 but it’s funny because she just finds my life so shocking and I often laugh to myself because I think my life is quite ordinary/boring compared to some of my friends. And don’t even get me started on the whole ‘sex’ subject. Sex was always a taboo subject in our house, I don’t think my mum realised I was actually having it until a few years ago when she found my pill. I expected her to throw a wobbly but instead what does she do? She goes out the next day and comes back with a selection of assorted condoms that she bought from the shop for me. I’m talking ones that glow in the dark to strawberry flavoured ones. And she calls me daily to ask if I’ve taken my pill or what was the best packet of condoms I’ve used lately and do I want anymore as it’s not a problem. ‘*Sigh*, yes mum, I’ve taken my pill, yes mum I’m not pregnant, yes mum I am practising safe sex’.

She wanted to talk to me about oral sex once but it was so funny hearing her say the word ‘penis’ that I was on the floor with hysterical laughter. Bless her, I believe that she still thinks that all them years me and boyfriend have been going out and living together we were actually playing Monopoly when we used to stay in which is what I used to tell her – ‘Yes mum, we’re just playing a game of Monopoly, can I call you back in half an hour?’

Merry Christmas to you all

Expert Westside_P
    The Westside Title: Official Rpoints Gangsta
    Feel like I shouldn't have read that princess nina! Strictly ladies only blog today! haha.

The hypnotherapy didn't work in getting you to quit smoking then? Shame, shame.

Quote Originally Posted by nina_c79
    She goes out the next day and comes back with a selection of assorted condoms that she bought from the shop for me. I’m talking ones that glow in the dark to strawberry flavoured ones.
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! Worst nightmare. Dear me!!

Haha.

Good to you blogging up tha place again tho shawty

Merry Christmas right back at you home girl

Rpoints Elite Brucey has a spectacular aura about Brucey has a spectacular aura about Brucey has a spectacular aura about
    She wanted to talk to me about oral sex once but it was so funny hearing her say the word ‘penis’ that I was on the floor with hysterical laughter.
    I have to keep on constantly telling her, ‘Mum, I’m 26, not 6!’
    Are you sure?

Moderator nina_c79
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceyBonus
    She wanted to talk to me about oral sex once but it was so funny hearing her say the word ‘penis’ that I was on the floor with hysterical laughter.
    I have to keep on constantly telling her, ‘Mum, I’m 26, not 6!’
    Are you sure?
    It’s the way she says it Brucey, it’s me mum, she just cracks me up period.

And westy – I didn’t actually make the hypno appointment, I had to cancel due to prior engagements so I’m trying to rearrange probably for after Christmas.

Contributor BabySquirrel
    Know how you feel Hun I've had the same issue with periods but thank god my bf is so lovely....he realised the amount of pain i was under when i cried down the phone at him and told kept breathing like i was in labour

Ever since i started, i get them maybe twice a week or sometimes after 2months....and they last for upto 10 days....its annoying

Emotions run high and you just feel so hypersensitive....i know. I get very cranky and the pain is unbearable. Pain killers are a no no with me as i can't take any with the current medication i'm taking Oh well..yes we have to grin and bare it.

BUT that is what makes a WOMAN....we are the stronger sex....GO GIRL! GO GIRL! GO GIRL! GO GIRL! We have to cope with so much and we always go into bat and doing something additional like care for someone at the same time...we are just GREAT!

Expert Hotlips
    MuM's don't you just love them,.....and just think one day you'll be doing exactly the same.

Expert Westside_P
    The Westside Title: Official Rpoints Gangsta
    and just to return tha favour...whats happening in your 'hood princess nina?!?!

Expert Hotlips
    Quote Originally Posted by Westside_P
    and just to return tha favour...whats happening in your 'hood princess nina?!?!
    yes i'll echo that sentiment ...where and what you doing girl firiend?