Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Moderator nina_c79

My So-Called Life

Title: Lazy cow

I’ve been meaning to write something for a few days now but just haven’t got round to it, I’ve actually been working at work, *feigns surprise shock and horror*

Let’s start with Friday, pretty uneventful day, just the usual, go to work and encounter the daily crackheads. Oh yes, a new one for you all, so I’m coming out of the tube station and standing at the bus stop waiting for the bus. This guy comes up to me and says I shouldn’t be smoking. I barely look at him, it’s not worth the hassle with these idiots to talk to them so I thought that was the end of it. Then he walks off and comes back and asks me if I smoke weed then proceeds to tell me the benefits of smoking weed as opposed to tobacco/cigarettes. So I’m there thinking, where is the goddamn bus?! and then after all his long speech, he asks me if he can have my cigarette!

Friday night involved intense studying, actually let me rephrase it. I lied. Friday night involved intense pretend studying. I just couldn’t be arsed. You know when you’ve got something important to do or have a deadline to meet and you just feel knackered and can’t summon up the energy to concentrate and you do everything/anything to avoid doing the task in hand? Yep that was me Friday night. I even contemplated doing the ironing! I said contemplated mind you, the thought did cross my mind but I thought better of it. I took the laptop downstairs and was supposed to be studying whilst my boyfriend was playing on the 360 upstairs, but what I ended up doing was playing with my kitten Bauer and f-ing about on rpoints and other sites.

The weekend consisted of a personal challenge of ‘How long can you stay in bed for?’ I worked out that between having showers/toilet breaks/opening the front door to receive takeaway food/feeding the cats I spent 45 of the 48 hours available in bed over the weekend. Is that a new world record or something?

It never meant to start off that way but after my fake studying on Friday night I was summoned to the bedroom by my boyfriend after midnight (sounds dirty doesn’t it lol but it isn’t) we received some discs in the post earlier that day from his friend who had divx’d (is that how you say it?) some series for us to watch. Now we tried them earlier on our dvd player and the picture was fine but there was no sound. Whilst I was fake studying downstairs my boyfriend, genius that he is, downloaded some programme from the net and we were able to watch them on the laptop. Hooked up the lappy to the Sammy via some new fangled cable thing that cost me £50 and voila! We were able to watch Heroes on the big screen!

We were only meant to watch 1 episode but it was brilliant that we ended up going to bed at 4am, awoke the next morning at 11am and resumed watching all 16 episodes (what a totally fantastic series by the way) into the wee hours of Sunday morning. I couldn’t be arsed to cook so breakfast/lunch consisted of Domino’s pizza and dinner was Chinese food, nicely delivered to the door with the aid of the mobile phone and credit card details given over the phone.

Sunday was spent watching Invasion discs 2 and 3 and Grey’s Anatomy season 2. Breakfast was the remainders of the massive 1kg gigantic bar of Galaxy chocolate that I bought on Friday and lunch was Indian food x2 portions (see I had the sense to plan ahead for dinner ). All in all I reckon I must have spent £70 on takeaway food this weekend. The joys of adulthood and having your own money, it means you answer to no-one!

So that was my weekend, utter laziness and overindulgence. Stay tuned for the next instalment as to what happened between Monday and today.

Rpoints Elite Silhouette
    Natasha mentioned that we should all try and put our names in the titles of the blogs....

Nobody seems to be following this rule

Rpoints Legend BangraMonkey
    i've been waiting for your blog to start miss myers :P

i should update mine soon....
    A Monkey is for life, not just for Xmas!

Expert Hotlips
    summoned to the bedroom.....when i'm summoned its not to watch discs..lol.Never tried that kind of weekend, we thought about a love in weekend but i got a headache lol.

and chocolate for breakfast..interesting i could manage that.But £70 quid on food god! i mean you could feed our whole house with that for a week.

looking forward to the next installment.

Expert Natasha
    I like to see people's blogs and i have to admit i enjoy reading Nina's posts! So i'm glad that she is blogging
    Over and Out!

Expert Hotlips
    Quote Originally Posted by natasha@Rpoints
    I like to see people's blogs and i have to admit i enjoy reading Nina's posts! So i'm glad that she is blogging
    I agree so NINA get blogging.

Expert Natasha
    It seems you have built up a fan club
    Over and Out!

Expert Westside_P
    The Westside Title: Official Rpoints Gangsta
    Tru dat, princess nina of eBay is wicked

I needs to start a gangstarous blog, but its just havin the motivation to do one, ill try tomorrow

Peace

Expert Natasha
    Go on W_P im sure yours will bbe mmm 'interesting' too lmao
    Over and Out!

Moderator nina_c79
    Title: Pain!

I write my blog this afternoon bruised and battered. It's already taken me the best part of the day to write this as I can't sit down for long. I shall begin....

It was a long arse day on Friday, it dragged on forever, I thought I would never leave work. See I was looking forward to Friday night as we were supposed to be going out for my boyfriend’s, friend’s birthday for drinks up central. Friday night coming home from work on the tube. For anyone who has never been on the tube before there’s like 1 massive pole in the middle between doorways and you have these poles that also go above your heads, you’re meant to grab onto these if you’re standing for support. It’s Friday rush hour which means the train is packed to the rafters to the point where you’re standing so close to the next person you can count how many pores they have on their face.

I’m stuck between B.O. guy and fat girl and some lanky git in front of me tries using my head as a leaning post. If I turn to the left, because B.O guy is holding onto the overhead pole the head/armpit ratio (him being taller than me) means his armpit is in direct collision with my nose. If I turn to the right, actually scratch that I couldn’t turn because I was being suffocated by rolls of soft flab. My arm/hand was actually sandwiched between what I think was her stomach and someone’s arse? So anyway, lanky guy is holding onto the pole in the middle and so am I but at a lower level. Maybe because it was so packed or he was tired or maybe even my head must have seemed a nice place to put it but he decides in all his wisdom to rest his elbow on my head. This is not the first time this has happened to me and I was already in a bad mood because I left work late so I elbowed him in the chest when the train jolted, I did it really hard and yes I did it on purpose. He soon got the message. What is it with tall people? Especially men. They take up all the leg room when you sit down and they hog up all the armrests as well. I know I’m short but it always seems to be tall people who give me aggro.

I get off the train and some punk rushes past me really hard and fast and his arm/shoulder hits me in the boob. The pain, indescribable, I would imagine if I was a bloke it would be similar to being kicked in the gnads. I just snapped. I don’t know what it was but I lost it, I swore so much I think the air did turn blue for a while! The guy, arrogant git that he was didn’t even apologise so I ran after him and clumped him one round the head with my bag and then quickly legged it.

I was in so much pain I was actually crying, it really was that painful. I get out of the station and then get on the bus. The bus is packed (again) so I’m standing near the middle where the doors open holding onto one of the poles minding my own business, trying to secretly protect my boob from anyone knocking against it. Next thing I know I feel a blinding pain in my toe. I think the swearing here was even worse than when I got hit in the boob. The cast of Deadwood has nothing on me. So I’m cursing out any and everybody and people’s mothers I think you get the general gist, I look down to see what occurred, this woman standing next to me, she was wearing those spiky type stiletto heels and when the bus jolted she stepped on or walked back on my toe with her heel. The f-ing bleep didn’t even bother to apologise and again, I was mad and in a rage and this all happened in a split second I stamped on her foot with my trainer and said ‘you should have f-ing said sorry’ and then I jumped off the bus. I’m sorry but what is with the rudeness of people? Actually thinking back now I feel kind of bad about it as I shouldn't have stamped on her foot in revenge but seriously, she should have apologised!

So at this point I’m walking down the High Road as I need to go to a cashpoint machine. It is peeing down with rain, absolutely pouring down. I’m hobbling and holding my left boob and crying and I was crossing the road and there was this draincover thing, I don’t know what to call it, those metal type covers that you see on the street pavements, well anyway, due to the mixture of rain, me hobbling and wearing trainers which have no grip on smooth surfaces I slipped and fell hard, straight onto my backside. I swear I heard a crunch or something. I think my bum is broken. An old man tries to help me up but I’m hysterical by this point, crying, swearing in pain, it was not a good look. Two guys jump out from their van which was parked at the traffic lights and helped me up. They were going to call an ambulance but I only live up the road so they helped me up and I hobbled home. I get in and my boyfriend takes one look at me and I just start crying again. I hardly ever cry so he knew it must have been bad. When I eventually stop and tell him what happened he can’t stop laughing and taking the piss.

In the end we decided to go to his friend’s birthday do and I took a shedload of painkillers to get me through the night and thought I would numb the pain with plenty of alcohol. We started off at some sports bar near Piccadilly, I was knocking back sea breezes like they were water, then we headed on down to Chinatown where about 20 of us sat down for a meal. By the time it came to singing Happy Birthday I was off my trolley. The rest of the night I can’t remember, but my boyfriend tells me we went to Fabric, there was supposed to be some drum n bass night, what a waste of £20 entry fee that was apparently we only stayed for about ten minutes because my toe was throbbing like mad and there were too many people and as they were passing they were grazing my bum and I was threatening violence so he took me home in a cab.

Saturday morning I woke up in dire pain, my toe had swollen up and my toenail has gone black (the doc said this is where the blood has congealed). My buttocks have severe bruising and so does my boob. My boyfriend decided to take me to the GP. I didn’t have an appointment which means waiting around until you get seen which can mean waiting around for hours. I was finally seen at 1pm but not by my own doctor, because when you don’t make an appointment you’re seen by the doctor who is covering the shift. My doctor is a woman, the doctor I saw was a man. Understandably it was very awkward having some stranger examine your boobs and your bum and all of this in front of my boyfriend. Talk about embarrassing and uncomfortable!

Doc’s verdict is I’m scheduled in for X-rays tomorrow at the hospital to check that I haven’t fractured any bones and a chest X-ray to confirm that everything is ok up top as well. I’m also due later to go to the chiropodist as well to get my toe seen to. What a waste of a day off!

I am having to sleep on my side which is very uncomfortable to say the least and I have to have the duvet raised off my toe otherwise it hurts. What with the mixture of painkillers, playing F.E.A.R on the 360 and the fact that I am in so much pain I didn’t get much sleep at all this weekend. So that’s my sorry tale, I can’t wear a normal bra for the time being because one boob is swollen so I’m having to wear a sports bra which is just total crap and I’m not allowed to go to the gym for at least 3 weeks and have to take it easy.