Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    olavs
    Guest
    (D08921A) - Quadcore, Vista Bus., 2Gb, 320Gb, 19" TFT - £528.82

    E-value code: any- D08921A - Dimension 9200 - £528.82 delivered

    Change warranty to 1 year collect and return

    Intel® Core™ 2 Quad-Core Q6600 Processor (2.4GHz,1066MHz,8MB cache)
    Genuine Windows Vista™ Business - English
    1 Year Base Warranty - Collect & Return
    Dell™ 19" Silver Wide Flat Panel (E198WFP) - UK/Irish
    2048MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x1024]
    320GB Serial ATA RAID 0 Stripe [2x160GB 7200rpm drives with DataBurst™ cache]
    256MB ATI® Radeon® X1300 Pro PCI Express graphics card
    16x DVD +/- RW Drive
    Dell™ Entry Quietkey USB Keyboard - UK/Irish (QWERTY)
    Dell 2 Button USB Scroll Optical Mouse - Black
    Integrated Audio with Dolby Digital 7.1 capability
    Internal 13-in-1 Media Card Reader
    Microsoft® Works 8.0 - English
    English Documentation with UK Power Cord
    Resource DVD - (Diagnostics & Drivers)

    Upgrades available as follows:
    - Intel® Viiv™ Core™ 2 Quad-Core Q6600 Processor (2.4GHz,1066MHz,8MB cache) add £0.00
    - Genuine Windows Vista™ Ultimate - English [add £58.74 or £1/month1]
    - Dell™ 22" Black Wide Flat Panel (E228WFP) - UK/Irish [add £52.87 or £1/month1]
    - 640GB Serial ATA RAID 0 Stripe [2x320GB 7200rpm drives with DataBurst™ cache] [add £47.00 or £1/month1]
    - Dell™ A525 Speakers with Subwoofer [add £17.62 or £1/month1]

    X_NOTES:51025

  2. #2
    Rpoints Elite Imoutofherefornow
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,257
    Rep Power
    0
    Not bad deal but 305-D08922 is better if you want a better gfx card.

    but then £434.82 for base unit only.. is bloody good i think

    Intel® Core™ 2 Quad-Core Q6600 Processor (2.4GHz,1066MHz,8MB cache) [Included in Price]
    Genuine Windows Vista™ Business - English [Included in Price]
    2048MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x1024] [Included in Price]
    320GB Serial ATA RAID 0 Stripe [2x160GB 7200rpm drives with DataBurst™ cache] [Included in Price]
    256MB ATI® Radeon® X1300 Pro PCI Express graphics card [Included in Price]

  3. #3
    Contributor Jimbobwillyjim
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    540
    Rep Power
    0
    Will this be easily upgradeable later on. I mean i want this pc at this price but i would want to eventually (once i save up) put a nvidia 8800 756mb in it. Will i be able to do this without having to upgrade other parts as well

  4. #4
    Rpoints Elite Imoutofherefornow
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,257
    Rep Power
    0
    dells are not one for being updated much i think..

  5. #5
    Contributor Jimbobwillyjim
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    540
    Rep Power
    0
    I just noticed in the sticky thread that it says that dell 9200 are upgradeable but the post is a little outdated now and i just wondered if this is still the case for the newer 9200

  6. #6
    Rpoints Elite Imoutofherefornow
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,257
    Rep Power
    0
    you can add stuff to them. but new cpus after the cores wont work i was told.

  7. #7
    Contributor Chuckles1066 has much to be proud of Chuckles1066 has much to be proud of Chuckles1066 has much to be proud of Chuckles1066 has much to be proud of Chuckles1066 has much to be proud of Chuckles1066 has much to be proud of Chuckles1066 has much to be proud of Chuckles1066 has much to be proud of
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    546
    Rep Power
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbobwillyjim
    I just noticed in the sticky thread that it says that dell 9200 are upgradeable but the post is a little outdated now and i just wondered if this is still the case for the newer 9200
    Not sure why people assume they're not upgradeable?

    The motherboard/psu combination used to be proprietary to Dell but I'm not sure whether that's still the case.

    But certainly as far as replacing any of the internal components (graphics cards, soundcards, hard drives, memory etc etc) then they're definitely upgradeable............I know because I've done it

  8. #8
    Rpoints Elite kryptic
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    R.I.P. JL
    Posts
    6,271
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles1066
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbobwillyjim
    I just noticed in the sticky thread that it says that dell 9200 are upgradeable but the post is a little outdated now and i just wondered if this is still the case for the newer 9200
    Not sure why people assume they're not upgradeable?

    The motherboard/psu combination used to be proprietary to Dell but I'm not sure whether that's still the case.

    But certainly as far as replacing any of the internal components (graphics cards, soundcards, hard drives, memory etc etc) then they're definitely upgradeable............I know because I've done it
    I think the problem comes in making sure you have enough power, I know when I recently bought and upgraded an E520 I couldn't use a 8600GTS graphics card only a 8600GT card due to the low power rating of the PSU. Of course you could upgrade the PSU too but this would probably not be advisable on a brand new system.

    Jason.

  9. #9
    Contributor Chuckles1066 has much to be proud of Chuckles1066 has much to be proud of Chuckles1066 has much to be proud of Chuckles1066 has much to be proud of Chuckles1066 has much to be proud of Chuckles1066 has much to be proud of Chuckles1066 has much to be proud of Chuckles1066 has much to be proud of
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    546
    Rep Power
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptic
    I think the problem comes in making sure you have enough power, I know when I recently bought and upgraded an E520 I couldn't use a 8600GTS graphics card only a 8600GT card due to the low power rating of the PSU. Of course you could upgrade the PSU too but this would probably not be advisable on a brand new system.

    Jason.
    Dell quote their psu ratings VERY conservatively, that much I do know.

  10. #10
    Contributor Jimbobwillyjim
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    540
    Rep Power
    0
    have i waited to long now the cheapest i can get it now is £497


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10th July 2009, 10:03 AM
  2. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 19th December 2008, 12:51 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21st February 2008, 07:27 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31st January 2008, 06:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts