Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Contributor RiTSo
    Quote Originally Posted by iceni
    proves my point , but hes allowed to keep bullying
    Where is the bullying in either this thread or the one you have posted?

I can't even work out who you are suggesting is doing the bullying!!

Enthusiast iceni
    its been an ongoing thing over a couple of years. someone else posts a topic in the same section nothing is said, i post a topic and it gets slated.

Contributor GDB2222
    its been an ongoing thing over a couple of years. someone else posts a topic in the same section nothing is said, i post a topic and it gets slated.

On the other thread you quoted, all I did was point out that most 24" monitors have 1920 x 1200 pixels versus 1920 x 1080 on the one you posted. Yours was cheap, but people might be disappointed when they found out they had 10% fewer pixels than normal.

You responded, simply: "Troll City". Now, I really have got the hump.

Enthusiast MagnumPI
    Quote Originally Posted by GDB2222

On the other thread you quoted, all I did was point out that most 24" monitors have 1920 x 1200 pixels versus 1920 x 1080 on the one you posted. Yours was cheap, but people might be disappointed when they found out they had 10% fewer pixels than normal.

I dont think the comment was meant for you mate

Expert _ST_
    Iceni, I'm surprised that you see things this way? I'm simply giving advise to those that may need it, this isn't some vendetta against you. I often point out Dell's 'flaws' - even in my own threads! As many long term Rpoints members are aware, the computer forums are where the vast majority of my posts are made therefore it should be no surprise that I often give advice there.

Anyway, if there is any part of my above advice post that you feel is inaccurate or offensive then please do contact a moderator who will edit if required.

Contributor GDB2222
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnumPI
    Quote Originally Posted by GDB2222

I dont think the comment was meant for you mate
    OK, but the point is that people seem to be rather defensive about "their" thread and unprepared to accept that most bargains have a drawback somewhere. It seems useful to have a forum where these drawbacks can be discussed.

Contributor merc
    /Adding my support for iceni.

Expert abaxas
    Quote Originally Posted by _ST_
    To put this deal in to perspective.

1. It's a slim line Dell so very limited future graphics upgrades. There are some new low profile cards coming through but nothing that compares with the more powerful and less expensive (like for like) full sized cards.

2. It uses an older, lower spec Intel Pentium Dual-Core E2200 CPU which is one level up from those often seen on the entry level vostro bases for around £180!

3. The supplied graphics are on-board (Integrated Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 3100) so only really good for office or very basic games use.

3. The 23" montior (S2309W) uses old VGA technology for it's connections, so no HDMI or even DVI here.

All in all not a great deal now or for the future for almost £500. The default base specs are worth around £220-£240 based on recent Dell offers, which means your paying £260 odd for this £177 monitor (last months price - will no doubt drop again soon).
    Translates to :-

I didnt post this offer so I'm going to slag it off.