Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dell Outlet

Contributor daniela9uk

Dell Outlet

Hi,

I think I finally found a laptop which I like but a bit over my budget. After some searching around I found the same one but much cheaper in Dell Outlet. Can someone explain please what is a better deal from the Outlet - if the laptop is certified refurbished or scratch & dent? Has someone actually bought laptop from dell outlet? The laptop I like is Inspiron 1545 and there is one refurbished for £360 delivered and the one with the same specifics £340 delivered because it is scratch & dent.
    I would really appreciate a bit of technical help. Thanks.

Rpoints Elite kevenh_ will become famous soon enough
    I've bought from Dell outlet.

Unless Dell have a grading system i am not aware of, your Outlet PC will come as new, with the same packaging as a brand new PC.

Dell Outlet PC's are usually returns from a company that has over bought, for example.

Edit: A dent and scratch should be all that's wrong with your laptop. I'm sure Dell must prepare, and test the PC before selling.
    1st Team To 100 Years Of Top Division Football. Come On The Blues!
    Now in their 109th season

Contributor daniela9uk
    Thanks, that is really helpful post. I have a budget max £350 and considering Dell Outlet so thanks.

Rpoints Elite kryptic
    Whenever I have bought laptops from the Dell outlet store they have come in generic boxes rather than the product boxes, this may have changed as it has been a year since I last bought one from the outlet store, also none of them were damaged in anyway. I think Dell specifically distingushes between computers that are standard returns/cancellations/over orders and those that are damaged:

Dell Outlet offers two types of refurbished inventory:Certified Refurbished, and Scratch and Dent.

Certified Refurbished PCs are laptops and desktops that have been returned to Dell, put through the production process, and then again retested to ensure they meet all original factory specifications. Certified Refurbished systems may have some observable cosmetic blemishes, but they will not affect performance.

Scratch and Dent products are systems with considerable cosmetic blemishes that do not affect performance. They are a great way to save money while still enjoying Dell Outlet's rigorous rebuilding and testing process.

Scratch and Dent computers will not have scratches or pits on the screen, missing or illegible letters on the keyboard, or damage to the touchpad or palmrest.

Jason.

Junior Member owennewo
    The prices on Dell Outlet, don't include VAT or delivery (typically £20). So sometimes what seems an awesome deal only works out at a 10% saving.

I usually use sites like dmxdimension.com to see if the dell offers can match the outlet prices.

Junior Member shahneel355 is an unknown quantity at this point
    I think Dell computers and laptops are the best for use. The best thing about Dell is that the price of its products does not include any VAT charges and taxes. So if there is a tag of saving 10% free than you will surely get 10% free on that price which is good.
    Last edited by Sarah; 17th July 2013 at 03:36 AM.