Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member markus
    Dell XPS One, £782, E4500, 2Gb Ram, 320GB Hdd, Vista

Massive price drop today for the Dell XPS One... Now only £362 including vat and shipping.

Evalue Code D12X101

To achieve the automatic 10% discount and the price of £362 go all the way through to checkout and you will then see the new lower price!

Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 Processor
    2Gb DDR2 Memory
    320Gb Hard Drive
    Digital TV Tuner & Remote Control
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    8-In-1 Media Card Reader
    Wireless Enabled

X_NOTES:64168

Rpoints Elite Imoutofherefornow
    pretty crap specs..

Expert _ST_
    This offer appears to have expired. For all other posted Dell offers see the summary thread here

Expert _ST_
    Dell have reduced the whole XPS One range. The other 2 models are currently £528 and £625 off! Remember, these aren't games machines but more of a home hub - 'all-in-one' solution for entertainment and internet.

Member markus
    Quote Originally Posted by _ST_
    Dell have reduced the whole XPS One range. The other 2 models are currently £528 and £625 off! Remember, these aren't games machines but more of a home hub - 'all-in-one' solution for entertainment and internet.
    Actual reductions are as follows:
    D12X104 Was £876 Now £548
    http://configure.euro.dell.com/dells...=D12X104&s=dhs

D12X102 Was £971 Now £645
    http://configure.euro.dell.com/dells...=D12X102&s=dhs

Expert _ST_
    Quote Originally Posted by markus
    Quote Originally Posted by _ST_
    Actual reductions are as follows:
    D12X104 Was £876 Now £548
    http://configure.euro.dell.com/dells...=D12X104&s=dhs

D12X102 Was £971 Now £645
    http://configure.euro.dell.com/dells...=D12X102&s=dhs
    Dell's price quoting system doesn't take into account previous offer prices on this new 50% off promo, it based the savings on the standard list price hence the Dell quoted savings I listed being higher than the actual saving taking into account the promo prices you listed.

So, are these a good deal now they've knocked this much off? In my opinion, not really, these are machines that are built for limited use aimed at people with money to burn.

Member markus
    Hey mate (ST),

I am just pointing out the cheapest price that the XPS One has ever been. As far as your 'blah, blah, blah' nonsense you listed about the savings etc I'm not interested !!

There maybe somebody out there who has been interested in buying one of these XPS One systems but has been reluctant to buy because of their initial steep pricing... But now prices are better and someone may be grateful for this posting.

Contributor GDB2222
    I stand to be corrected, but this looks like quite a nice neat package, including a 20" TFT screen, wireless keyboard, etc. The £400 price is fairly reasonable for that spec, surely? Even if it's not a bargain basement price, "aimed at people with money to burn" seems a bit OTT.

Expert _ST_
    Quote Originally Posted by markus
    Hey mate (ST),

I am just pointing out the cheapest price that the XPS One has ever been. As far as your 'blah, blah, blah' nonsense you listed about the savings etc I'm not interested !!

There maybe somebody out there who has been interested in buying one of these XPS One systems but has been reluctant to buy because of their initial steep pricing... But now prices are better and someone may be grateful for this posting.
    Hey,

Whilst I do appreciate your post, I still feel that as a community member I need to give advice to those considering this. Yes, this is the lowest price to date for this range, but people should know what they are buying. The system you posted has IGMA 3100 on-board graphics (no slot for a graphics card upgrade) therefore if you decide further down the line that you actually want to play a half decent game or run HD video (well) then this machine is pretty much useless*. If you can be sure that this won't be the case and you only want this for SD Video, office work and internet surfing then as a small footprint 'all-in-one' package it's currently fair value.

*To further emphasize my point: The £401 XPS One entry level system you posted has specs similar to those seen on Vostro base units costing under £200, you can buy a 20" widescreen monitor for £100 (or less) nowadays, add a tv tuner card with remote and wireless etc and you have a system which is on par for much less but, the Vostro system can be further upgraded to play games/HD video etc. Therefore much more versatile, and given that a certain amount of future proofing is key when buying a PC I believe this worth highlighting. Ultimately, this XPS system falls into a lower future proofing band than the slimline Dell's as there are new low-profile graphics cards coming through that will give a little boost to these systems.

So there it is, not a poke at your deal hunting abilities - after all 50% off is 50% off, but when there are technical issues that could effect community members looking to buy then it's only fair to make a point.

Member markus
    Yep I appreciate what your saying, but you don't half go on and on and on and on...

Take a breather mate !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast