Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Contributor GDB2222
    Hi. Very, very helpful. Thanks.

You talk about upgrading the PSU on the E520. Does this have to be a Dell PSU, and how do you get one? I can't see an option for a higher power one at the build stage.

Thanks again.

Contributor blinko
    what about buying laptops

Contributor ydenys
    How to connect Dell/non-Dell laptops with ATI graphics to HDTV

(For those who asked/had problems with picture/settings)

To get best results fist update using full (non-mobility) ATI Radeon driver with CCC (for example 7.2 Catalyst Software Suite - 41238 currently) – steps:

- Download package from here http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html (Radeon, disregard model #)
    - Change .ini file by using this utility http://www.driverheaven.net/modtool/ (follow instructions)
    - Install driver and CCC – Catalyst Control Center (net framework required – get 2.0 [stable] if you do not have it from here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en)

Warning – CCC is full of bugs, but using 3-rd party unsigned alternatives is not recommended unless you are knowledgeable enough to do so. To avoid common problems with CCC services simply do not let CLIStart.exe start with windows. (remove it using regedit from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run)

Connect TV, run CCC – find/enable/configure TV, set desired resolution, video options, do not forget to enable pulldown detection.

Example:

Old Dell laptop with ATI 9600 Radeon Mobility to LCD TV via RGB (your analog monitor cable).

Downloaded, modded and installed 7.2 CSS. Removed CLIStart.exe from the registry (start>run>regedit>navigate to the key>delete it). Restarted. Connected TV, put it on. Run CCC (right click on desktop or through start). Enabled TV in let’s say clone mode. Set resolution to 1360x768 - max supported by LCD (as indicated by ccc’s EDID – if your manual says otherwise for this input – force higher resolution). Configured picture using ccc/tv menu. Enabled pulldown detection in ccc and configured video/theatre options if/as required. Run video to test. If slow – reconfigured deinterlacing (better to keep autodetect).
    2250 points on car insurance and 5500 on home insurance from Barclays with “£50 guarantee”

Enthusiast bad_bob00
    I'm after a cheap desktop computer, looking on the Dell website and they all seem to be quite expensive.

I was just wondering how often the new deals come out? And is delivery very long?

Thanks
    Click my WWW to find out about the best ways of making money online!

Rpoints Elite qwerty321
    Not sure about deals and whatnot but delivery is upto 3 weeks. They give you a date 3 weeks from your order but can be before that. For my laptop it took a week.