Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Enthusiast cheapskate
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggie_UK

Why do they send you stamps??? Please explain.. it's a bit new to me.. if you dont mind brucey
    Well, if they don't get a signature then you can assume that the package has been 'lost' and the stamps are compensation for this - at least I think that's the way it works.

Oh, hang on - you asked Brucey.

Ignore what I just said; - I'm sure Brucey will be along sooner or later with the proper explanation!

Rpoints Elite Brucey has a spectacular aura about Brucey has a spectacular aura about Brucey has a spectacular aura about
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggie_UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucey
    It could be worth adding to the section on Recorded delivery, that if they don't get a signature, you can contact Customer Service and they'll send you a book of 12x First Class Stamps.
    Why do they send you stamps??? Please explain.. it's a bit new to me.. if you dont mind brucey
    With RM, if you claim for less than the value of their "minimum compensation", i.e. 12x 1st class stamps, they just send you a book of stamps. As Recorded costs 72p (or whatever they've put it up to), that is less than the cost of 12x stamps so they just send the stamps.