Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Moderator nina_c79

Rbay Trading is here!

Welcome one and all

As requested by popular demand, Rpoints has a new forum allowing members to trade/sell items.

Members will be allowed to post ‘Wanted’ threads whereby if you are looking for a specific item(s) you can put all your requests in one place. You can also have a ‘For Sale/Trade’ thread whereby you can list items you want to sell or trade for various other items you may be interested in. You don’t have to specify that you are willing to trade items if you only want cash for your items, this will be optional.

Rbay Trading will not be like eBay, meaning that there will not be any auctions or a bidding system. The title is self explanatory in that the seller sets a price and any potential buyer agrees to the price and a sale is made, or offers evidence of said item available at a cheaper price from a reputable retailer and then uses this to barter with the seller.

Rpoints wishes to achieve a safe and successful selling platform for the community and this will involve co-operation from our members to bear with us whilst we iron out the kinks.

Any questions? Just ask. Feel free to share your thoughts/comments.

I hereby declare this forum OPEN!

Legend & Competitions Guru RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Year 2011 - Winner
    Special Contributor Award Special Contributor Award Jan 2012 Spelling Award 2011 Most Popular Rpointer Member of the Month June 2011
    Can someone sort out ninac79 clock
    She's 6 months behind the rest of us
    10,000 posts
    Diet 16st 05lbs
    Start 18st 02lbs 14/9
    Wiina of the Presstidgeous Comedy award

Contributor happyhini
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinchess1
    Can somneone sort out ninac79 clock
    She's 6 months behind the rest of us
    Maybe she's been working for 6 months getting it all up and running

Contributor jameshasleft
    Nina and several others have been planning this for some time now, which is why it's slightly back dated.

Contributor happyhini
    Quote Originally Posted by James@Rpoints
    Nina and several others have been planning this for some time now, which is why it's slightly back dated.
    Well done (and thanks) to all the involved and here's to some happy trading.

Rpoints Elite Silhouette
    Is there a minimum rank/post count for posters?

On car forums, some people just come on, list the top of the line (2nd hand) exhaust, take the money and split.

I hope there will be some clever stuff happening...

Like... only the people who you have the bank details for (like me) can sell items.

This way, at least there will be some sort of charge back scheme should a seller turn 'naughty'

Moderator nina_c79
    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette
    Is there a minimum rank/post count for posters?
    There is no minimum rank/poster count for anyone who wants to buy/sell. This was discussed and the powers that be decided that it would be too restrictive to go with some of the original suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette
    On car forums, some people just come on, list the top of the line (2nd hand) exhaust, take the money and split.

I hope there will be some clever stuff happening...

Like... only the people who you have the bank details for (like me) can sell items.

This way, at least there will be some sort of charge back scheme should a seller turn 'naughty'
    You can’t do chargebacks on bank accounts.

I do understand what you are saying though and would advise anyone to use their common sense before parting with large amounts of cash, check the seller out as best you can, how long have they been a member, swap numbers if necessary etc.

Verification etc was discussed and the powers that be decided that it would not be feasible to go down this route. So on that note, this forum will be run on trust. You abuse it, you are out of the door; it really is that simple. This will be a zero tolerance forum.

If you see any spammers or have your suspicions about a buyer/seller/items that are being sold, I would urge yourself and anyone else to send a PM to myself or midnightz so that we can investigate further/take appropriate action.

Contributor jameshasleft
    Works exactly the same as Gumtree except we have a forum to discuss and give feedback on users. Also, many of you have been on here for years so have a strong inclination on who to trust and who it may be best to stay clear of.

Expert Westside_P
    The Westside Title: Official Rpoints Gangsta
    hmmm...the lack of bidding is a major flaw IMO, so I'll be sticking to eBay

Rpoints Elite Brucey has a spectacular aura about Brucey has a spectacular aura about Brucey has a spectacular aura about
    I think the lack of items for sale is also a flaw :P