Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dr_Cox

Thread: Muslim women and the veil

Rpoints Elite blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Month June 2012 Member of the Month May 2012 Member of the Month Jan 2012 Member of the Month December 2011 Member of the Month August 2011

Muslim women and the veil

It has been suggested, sadly by a member of my own party, that there needs to be a discussion on Muslim women being veiled in public. He seems to think that they are forced to wear it.

I would hate us to go down the appalling French road. If the women are forced to wear the veil then banning them from wearing it in public will merely mean that the men in the household will stop them ever leaving the house. Is that what we really want?

No doubt some women are pressurised into wearing the veil but others choose to out of an apparently mistaken belief that it is part of their religious duty.

It is only a minority of Muslim women who go this far. But even so we should maintain the hard won freedom of people in this country.

But having said that I believe the judge was correct in saying the Muslim woman must be unveiled when she gives her evidence in court. I think it is essential that the jury, judge and the prosecuting counsel should see her face when she is giving evidence.

And I found it so pathetic that she went to court totally covered apart from her eyes and the white man with her was holding an umbrella in front of her to stop her photograph being taken. Only her eyes could have been seen for goodness sake. What was the point.

I am sure many practising Muslims will feel that their religion is being brought into disrepute by the actions of this woman and the man with her by such an action.

Had my say, now it is up to you.

Expert bluzysuzy is a jewel in the rough bluzysuzy is a jewel in the rough bluzysuzy is a jewel in the rough bluzysuzy is a jewel in the rough
    didn't fink they ate viel
    Last edited by bluzysuzy; 17th September 2013 at 10:03 PM.

Enthusiast Dr_Cox is a name known to all Dr_Cox is a name known to all Dr_Cox is a name known to all Dr_Cox is a name known to all Dr_Cox is a name known to all Dr_Cox is a name known to all
    For the first time ever i agree with the French
    Claret1985 likes this.
    Danny Blanchflower – “Our Tactics Have Always Been To Equalise Before The Other Team Score”

Rpoints Elite blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Month June 2012 Member of the Month May 2012 Member of the Month Jan 2012 Member of the Month December 2011 Member of the Month August 2011
    The French go on about being a democratic country but they are far from democratic.

Junior Member willco is an unknown quantity at this point
    some people just think that it’s a beautiful, religious fashion statement.

anyway, I think they should have the freedom to choose wear it or not ,rather than forced by society.