Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Rpoints Elite blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Month June 2012 Member of the Month May 2012 Member of the Month Jan 2012 Member of the Month December 2011 Member of the Month August 2011

Amazon Black Friday Deals

A cynical marketing ploy by Amazon? I certainly think so.

There are 3 amazing deals every hour at the moment. I logged on at exactly 10:00a.m. when the latest ones were due to go live and they were sold out.

And yes, I logged onto the site on the hour according to the BBC and my computer. I won't bother again.

Contributor RedRasper
    I just managed to add the exercise bike to my basket so I think the deals to exist. Not that I actually want the bike mind!!!

Contributor angst_
    Yes I went for the 9am offers,gone in a nanosecond.Look at the Take That CD for example on offer at £1 sold out in 1 sec but they still had stock at the full price.How would you react in you went into a shop they had a piles of beans the first 10 were 1p ,the other thousand the rest were 50p.You would call it a scam.

Enthusiast Dr_Cox is a name known to all Dr_Cox is a name known to all Dr_Cox is a name known to all Dr_Cox is a name known to all Dr_Cox is a name known to all Dr_Cox is a name known to all
    The young lad has a 37" toshiba tv for £249 in his basket, stays that price till midnight
    Danny Blanchflower – “Our Tactics Have Always Been To Equalise Before The Other Team Score”

Moderator Chadwick will become famous soon enough Chadwick will become famous soon enough
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by martian_lewdis
    Yes I went for the 9am offers,gone in a nanosecond.Look at the Take That CD for example on offer at £1 sold out in 1 sec but they still had stock at the full price.How would you react in you went into a shop they had a piles of beans the first 10 were 1p ,the other thousand the rest were 50p.You would call it a scam.
    Have you never tried to book an air ticket, or a hotel room? That's exactly how they work.

Contributor angst_
    No, I live in the bottom of a well.

Moderator Chadwick will become famous soon enough Chadwick will become famous soon enough
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by martian_lewdis
    No, I live in the bottom of a well.
    EasyJet will probably fly there, as a convenient airport for the top of Everest.

Expert TOPCAT57
    There were reports in the papers yesterday about this SCAM.

Contributor Leigh36295
    I wouldn't really call it a scam lol. I've had about 8 things in my basket so far.

You just have to be on 5 minutes before, and just watch the timer countdown, once it gets to about 10 seconds, just start clicking repeatedly at the place the buy now will pop up, and you have a pretty good chance of getting it.

Enthusiast PatoTheDuck
    Ive had some lego on it, but like leigh says if you keep clicking before the button appears (make sure your loggeed in) you can win things but I reckon theres a lot of people adding things to their baskets without much intention of actually buying them when they see the eventual price. Amazon should at least display the sale price before it goes live.