Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Rpoints Legend richard@

Moderators and moderation (OLD)

I pleased to say that I am revoking the forum moderation policy temporarily implemented by the previous management - i.e. the removal of posts purely on the basis that they were perceived as 'negative'.

The existing and well-established forum rules - see http://www.rpoints.com/help/10/1406/ - apply. In particular, please note that it is against the forum rules to post about competitor cashback sites - whether rpoints staff are associated with them or not.

The only posts from the past week or so that have been removed are those that have infringed the above rules, including those that are potentially libellous.

Please use the "report a post" facility to report any suspected infringements of the rules

With regard to moderators, I am aware that there is continuing tension, exacerbated in the past few days, between some members and some moderators. I propose to make a fresh start, with all existing moderators stepping down and then any member will be free to volunteer to become a moderator if they wish. I will then appoint moderators based on feedback from you all and taking into account the qualities required.

Let me know your thoughts on this!

Rpoints Elite picasso will become famous soon enough
    I propose the following mods......

OES - for tact and diplomacy.
    kev - for spellllchequing.

Expert colsey is just really nice colsey is just really nice colsey is just really nice colsey is just really nice colsey is just really nice
    I propose phil for stepping up to the mark
    It takes a lifetime to build a reputation and a second to break it.

Enthusiast PatoTheDuck
    Westside_P for punishment, bringing it swift, aiiittte. Shizzle / Fo Sho etc etc.

Legend & Competitions Guru RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Year 2011 - Winner
    Special Contributor Award Special Contributor Award Jan 2012 Spelling Award 2011 Most Popular Rpointer Member of the Month June 2011
    I'd love to have a go
    10,000 posts
    Diet 16st 05lbs
    Start 18st 02lbs 14/9
    Wiina of the Presstidgeous Comedy award

Rpoints Elite kryptic
    Now that I am back from my "ban" (it was fun to see it from the other side), I would like to recommend the following as potential mods:

Ric
    Brucey
    Nina

I think over the years they have contributed a great amount to the forums and I think they offer a balanced view and sound head.

Jason.

Legend & Competitions Guru RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Year 2011 - Winner
    Special Contributor Award Special Contributor Award Jan 2012 Spelling Award 2011 Most Popular Rpointer Member of the Month June 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptic
    Now that I am back from my "ban" (it was fun to see it from the other side), I would like to recommend the following as potential mods:

Ric
    Brucey
    Nina

I think over the years they have contributed a great amount to the forums and I think they offer a balanced view and sound head.

Jason.
    Yep
    I'd agree with those as well

Don't know about numbers
    But 20 mods is excessive
    considerin the amount of Forum traffic
    Prabably 4-5 would be enough
    Unless it get busier
    10,000 posts
    Diet 16st 05lbs
    Start 18st 02lbs 14/9
    Wiina of the Presstidgeous Comedy award

Enthusiast rockhermit
    Ah free speech has returned to Rpoints

Long live King Richard

Start small and build numbers as required!
    Incompletely Visible
    Have you ever wanted to have your important files available at more than one location?
    Check out my WWW

Moderator IceKay@Rpoints

Re: Moderators and moderation

Quote Originally Posted by richard@Rpoints

With regard to moderators, I am aware that there is continuing tension, exacerbated in the past few days, between some members and some moderators. I propose to make a fresh start, with all existing moderators stepping down and then any member will be free to volunteer to become a moderator if they wish. I will then appoint moderators based on feedback from you all and taking into account the qualities required.

Let me know your thoughts on this!
    Why should all mods step down due to the problems between just some moderators and members ?

Rpoints Elite One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough

Re: Moderators and moderation

Quote Originally Posted by IceKay@Rpoints
    Why should all mods step down due to the problems between just some moderators and members ?
    Are you asking us?

Maybe cos this is the new dawn!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast