Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Super Moderator Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light

Combating spam - we need your help

Hi All

We have evidence to suggest that recently, some members are spamming other members via pms or using Rpoints forums to solicit business for other sites.

We have mechanisms to detect spam and will apply an immediate and permanent ban to any such member.

We want to protect legitimate and loyal members from spam.

If you do get such pm or notice any posts, please do me know by pmming me.

Many thanks

PS: Post edited on 27th March to make it clearer.
    Do you work in the Public Sector? Earn more cashback In-Store. Learn more on public sector staff discounts

Rpoints Elite One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough

Re: Referrals and solicitations by PM will lead to Immediate

Quote Originally Posted by janine@NEWrpoints
    We have mechanisms to detect this and will apply an immediate and permanant ban to any such member across all our sites.
    So are pms no longer "private"?

Expert HeadHunter

Re: Referrals and solicitations by PM will lead to Immediate

Quote Originally Posted by janine@NEWrpoints

... will apply an immediate and permanant ban to any such member across all our sites.
    F*** Me - that'll be a blow!

Contributor Hoopster will become famous soon enough Hoopster will become famous soon enough
    You can get one of them via PM?

Legend & Competitions Guru RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Year 2011 - Winner
    Special Contributor Award Special Contributor Award Jan 2012 Spelling Award 2011 Most Popular Rpointer Member of the Month June 2011
    Bannin people
    yep seem like a way forwarded
    By all means ban poster for posting if they brake any of the myraid of forums rules
    But there is a section entitled
    'Site plugs and money makin'
    or there was
    By the by
    Threatin to ban people across all of your sitrs
    Don't see that as construtive or helpful
    or even vaguley threatin actually
    There's loads of cashbac sites out there
    loads
    10,000 posts
    Diet 16st 05lbs
    Start 18st 02lbs 14/9
    Wiina of the Presstidgeous Comedy award

Rpoints Elite One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough
    What with Phil back and posting his usual propaganda, threats of banning back as a topic, pm's being subjected to "mechanisms", old mods claiming to get special updates etc.

The vichy days look to have returned.

Expert colsey is just really nice colsey is just really nice colsey is just really nice colsey is just really nice colsey is just really nice
    So are private messages private or not, and can you please let me know if your other sites consist of 100%cb otherwise it's a very weak threat speaking as someone who hasn't sent a pm for months.
    It takes a lifetime to build a reputation and a second to break it.

Super Moderator Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light
    Private messages are private. We dont read them. But when members complain that certain other members are spamming them and harassing them, surely we need to do something. When I said "mechanisms, its no more than any spam prevention methods on forum software.

We will respect members' privacy and opinions. However, when other members are affected and breach of forum rules happen, people have the right to complain and we have the obligation to investigate complaints.

I know my post may sound threatening, but that wasnt the intention. The intention is to make sure all members are able to use the forum without being harassed by others and to ask for your help in combating spam.

Imagine you get pm after pm by other members trying to sell stuff to you and keep breaking forum rules - and the administrators dont do anything about it. Thats what I was trying to assure that we will act upon.

No, mods don't get any "special" treatment and all members will be treated the same.
    Do you work in the Public Sector? Earn more cashback In-Store. Learn more on public sector staff discounts

Contributor happyhini
    Quote Originally Posted by janine@Rpoints View Post
    Private messages are private. We dont read them. But when members complain that certain other members are spamming them and harassing them, surely we need to do something. When I said "mechanisms, its no more than any spam prevention methods on forum software.

We will respect members' privacy and opinions. However, when other members are affected and breach of forum rules happen, people have the right to complain and we have the obligation to investigate complaints.

I know my post may sound threatening, but that wasnt the intention. The intention is to make sure all members are able to use the forum without being harassed by others and to ask for your help in combating spam.

Imagine you get pm after pm by other members trying to sell stuff to you and keep breaking forum rules - and the administrators dont do anything about it. Thats what I was trying to assure that we will act upon.

No, mods don't get any "special" treatment and all members will be treated the same.
    Can't users simply ''block" members who are doing that?

Rpoints Elite blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Month June 2012 Member of the Month May 2012 Member of the Month Jan 2012 Member of the Month December 2011 Member of the Month August 2011
    Oh the irony, spammed in the thread to combat spam