Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Double cashback until the end of May?

Expert colsey is just really nice colsey is just really nice colsey is just really nice colsey is just really nice colsey is just really nice
    I think that when something is being sold as "double" the standard rate the standard rate should be transparent, i.e. Gold Memeber rate 5% normal rate 2.5%.

When you are being inticed to use a site bassed on a double point bonus, I think it is fair that gold members should expect double the normal member rate.
    RudeKev and mel78 like this.
    It takes a lifetime to build a reputation and a second to break it.

Super Moderator Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light
    Colsey - you are right that it needs to be clear and we tried a couple of things.

1. Tried to hide/show relevant cashback for Gold/Other members
    2. Display "x% cashback for gold/until x date"

Both raised more questions than answers from a lot of members.

We have been transparent on this from day 1. I said numerous times that the rates displayed are double - in various posts I made.

There are hardly any "normal members" (new ones) to warrant overcomplicating messages on the site further. We did what is best for all the gold members to understand, based on feedback. If some of you think that it could have been displayed in a different way, we value the feedback, but you should also understand that we have to make decisions based feedback from Majority of users.

I think there has been enough explanation given on this.
    Do you work in the Public Sector? Earn more cashback In-Store. Learn more on public sector staff discounts

Expert colsey is just really nice colsey is just really nice colsey is just really nice colsey is just really nice colsey is just really nice
    Just to be 100% clear, I do understand, but I don't think it is very clear, and having it as a bonus for gold members is on the verge of being dishonest when the standard May rate is doubled regardless of your membership status.

Member nick_aronson will become famous soon enough
    Janine - thanks for your explanation, which makes sense now, although it wasn't what I was expecting when I made my recent purchase.

The question in my mind is what is going to happen after the double cashback period ends? It seems to me that your rates are about the same as your competitors so will your rates then be halved? If so I can't see myself (or many others) using rpoints in the future.
    expressman33 likes this.

Legend & Competitions Guru RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Year 2011 - Winner
    Special Contributor Award Special Contributor Award Jan 2012 Spelling Award 2011 Most Popular Rpointer Member of the Month June 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by janine
    10 randomly selected Gold Members will get their Old Rpoints balance paid in full
    Sokme members will be owed V little or nothin atal
    Could there not be a Minimum payout of, say, £10
    10,000 posts
    Diet 16st 05lbs
    Start 18st 02lbs 14/9
    Wiina of the Presstidgeous Comedy award

Super Moderator Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light
    Quote Originally Posted by RudeKev View Post
    Could there not be a Minimum payout of, say, £10
    Hows that fair on someone who was due £9.50? We did discuss this, but random should mean true random so everyone gets an equal chance. We can't presume that everyone who was owed less than £10 (or wherever you draw the line) would want to be excluded.
    Do you work in the Public Sector? Earn more cashback In-Store. Learn more on public sector staff discounts

Legend & Competitions Guru RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute
    Special Contributor Award Special Contributor Award Jan 2012 Spelling Award 2011 Most Popular Rpointer Member of the Month June 2011
    Not making meself clear
    (Surprised )
    I meant that any gold member who was owed nothing/or a few pence
    would get £10 at least
    Some owed say £4.31 wouldn't get too excited about tthat
    but probably would be gratful for a tennor
    ALSIO
    what about the GM who are not owed anything?
    No incentive for them there
    colsey likes this.
    10,000 posts
    Diet 16st 05lbs
    Start 18st 02lbs 14/9

I have asked to be excluded from the draw, unfortunatly it was not possible as it would affect the randomness of the draw.

(another negative comment from me sorry)

Ethically a random draw for debtors to be paid what they were owed if they start trading again seems wrong to me, and as KC said, whats the incentive if you are only owed 1p!

How that work then coleslaw?
    I'm guessin GM who are owed nuthin are excluded from the draw so why can;t U B?
    Or are GM's not owed Money included
    Would Improve headlines whilst reducin costs i guess?
    10,000 posts
    Diet 16st 05lbs
    Start 18st 02lbs 14/9

Don't understand the mechanics, but was told that i could donate any award to charity if I chose, I tried to explain that I would be embarrassed if I won when someone who lost their Christmas savings hadn't but obviously I failed.