Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Double cashback until the end of May?

Member nick_aronson will become famous soon enough

Double cashback until the end of May?

Hi. I'm a gold member and have just seen Janine's posts stating that the cashback rate quoted is already doubled for gold members. However, if I log out, the cashback amount is exactly the same. I bought something yesterday in the belief that the cashback would be double the quoted rate but it has tracked at the normal rate. I feel a bit cheated! Can you please explain in what way the cashback is doubled? Thanks.

Legend & Competitions Guru RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Year 2011 - Winner
    Special Contributor Award Special Contributor Award Jan 2012 Spelling Award 2011 Most Popular Rpointer Member of the Month June 2011
    Rates shown at the mo are already doubled
    cause everbody who joind before the endof May is gonna bee a Gold Memba
    10,000 posts
    Diet 16st 05lbs
    Start 18st 02lbs 14/9
    Wiina of the Presstidgeous Comedy award

Member nick_aronson will become famous soon enough
    Really? I thought Gold membership was for those who were old Rpoints members?

Moderator Chadwick will become famous soon enough Chadwick will become famous soon enough
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    Kev's dates are slightly out. If you registered before 1st May 2011 and log in and accept the new T&Cs before 1st July, then you count as a Gold Member.
    I think the rates showing on the site are all doubled at the moment, but hopefully Janine can clarify that.
    RudeKev likes this.

Rpoints Elite One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadwick View Post
    Kev's dates are slightly out. If you registered before 1st May 2011 and log in and accept the new T&Cs before 1st July, then you count as a Gold Member.
    I think the rates showing on the site are all doubled at the moment, but hopefully Janine can clarify that.
    It's already been established (by default) that getting the so-called double cashback is nowt to do with being invited to become a gold member!

You get the cashback shown (which we are now told is "double"????) whatever colour member you are. Smoke, mirrors,and spin!

So why perpetuate it when answering nick's question?

Moderator Chadwick will become famous soon enough Chadwick will become famous soon enough
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    I think you've misread my post, OES, as your comments don't make any sense in relation to what I've written.

If it helps you understand, I stated the criteria for being a Gold Member and that I understand the rates showing on the site are all doubled (ie. "whatever colour member you are", to use your own words). You seem to think I've said something different.

We're all quite used to you making an argumentative reply to any post by a moderator (especially myself), but at least try to read and understand the post you are replying to. Better still, if you've nothing positive to contribute to the thread, just leave it and move on.
    Balunga likes this.

Rpoints Elite One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough
    I have read your post - I quoted it! You went on about Kev being wrong and correcting him.

But being a Gold Member doesn't give us any extra cashback!! (Which was the point of the OP!)

Everyone gets the same as shown in each offer!

Your accusation seems designed to provoke trouble???? I have tried to answer the OP's question!

Legend & Competitions Guru RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Year 2011 - Winner
    Special Contributor Award Special Contributor Award Jan 2012 Spelling Award 2011 Most Popular Rpointer Member of the Month June 2011
    OES is right or seems to be
    it's not clear
    If gold memba are peeps who registered before 1st May are gettin Double casbac
    Then anyone who joins now shouldn't get it
    But if the rates advertised are doubled then
    Non Gold members are only gettin half the posted rates?
    That can't be correct shirely??
    Last edited by RudeKev; 16th May 2011 at 09:22 AM. Reason: spelin
    10,000 posts
    Diet 16st 05lbs
    Start 18st 02lbs 14/9
    Wiina of the Presstidgeous Comedy award

Super Moderator Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light
    Firstly, almost all members (and traffic) are Old Rpoints Members - the site is not currently being promoted actively (yet) for new members to join.

There are general enhancement to the site, plus there are exclusive Gold Member benefits.

General Enhancements
    • In-Store Cashback
    • Voucher codes
    • Better offers
    • Printable vouchers
    The following are benefits for Gold Members including
    • Double Cashback
    • 25% Top-up on cashback earnings from June for 5 months
    • Double Entries into prize draws
    • 10 randomly selected Gold Members will get their Old Rpoints balance paid in full
    Out of the above 3, the Double Cashback, is currently showing whether you are logged-in as a Gold Member are not. There are reasons for this.

We had the double cashback showing ONLY for logged-in gold members for a few hours. Then we started getting a lot of support tickets from members who are not logged-in (potential Gold members) saying that they want to see the cashback before they decide whether to join or not. Many Gold members themselves, didn't realise whether they logged-in or not, queried "I saw x% this morning, but its half now" etc.

We wanted to make it simpler for most returning members. With lot of members querying a lot of things and we decided not to hide the doubled rates (even if a handful of new members get to see and get the double rates) as

- it was causing returning members confusion and putting them off joining/shopping
    - 99.99% visitors are Gold Members, it made little sense to have the double cashback "hidden"

Whatever is advertised for Gold Members, they are getting and will continue to get.

There are a large number of members who give us feedback and suggestions through the helpdesk and not post on the forums. We need to take into account all the feedback and do what is best for all the users, whether they are active on the forums or not. Its a new site, lots of new features, lots of feedback and suggestions coming-in all the time.

Gold Members are getting what they are promised. 25% top-up, double entries etc won't be available for new members, but we had to show the double cashback to all, mainly to help the Gold Members. Practically, no Gold Member or potential Gold Member has been disadvantaged by this in any way.

To clarify another point - Gold Membership is only for Old Rpoints members. Not for anyone who registered fresh with New Rpoints.

OES - Some of your comments are unfair and untrue. Please read our Terms of Use, particulary clause 5c to ensure your posts are within the site terms.
    RudeKev, dustie and Balunga like this.
    Do you work in the Public Sector? Earn more cashback In-Store. Learn more on public sector staff discounts

Quote Originally Posted by Janine@Rpoints View Post
    OES - Some of your comments are unfair and untrue. Please read our Terms of Use, particulary clause 5c to ensure your posts are within the site terms.
    Please tell me which are untrue (and the ones you consider to be "unfair") and I will correct them/explain them if needed. (No-one likes being called a liar especially on a public forum!)
    Last edited by One Eyed Snake; 16th May 2011 at 11:58 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast