Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member The1andonlyPhil is an unknown quantity at this point

Members Data, Bank Info and Address etc.

I wanted to know how members off rpoints.com can do the following.

Delete there account from the database which includes the bank info, email address and person info like address and date of birth.

I think there will be a lot of members that will want this removed and I would like to know the process of this.

Please clear this up for me and other members that will be asking this question.

I personally will want all my data deleted now.

Or will you be reseting the forum and the member database and then start a new site?

Not sure if you are allowed to keep the data that was for the old owners.

Any one know about this?

Contributor bristolleedsfan has a spectacular aura about bristolleedsfan has a spectacular aura about bristolleedsfan has a spectacular aura about
    Good question Phil, In fact I believe that members of "Old R-Points" should have had the opportunity of having all details removed from the database before the new owners took over.

Legend & Competitions Guru RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Year 2011 - Winner
    Special Contributor Award Special Contributor Award Jan 2012 Spelling Award 2011 Most Popular Rpointer Member of the Month June 2011
    My best guess would be that all of the data was deemed an assert and was sold to the new owners by the old Rpoints
    You can't actually quit at the mo
    Biut I suspect that when they Relaunh then you will be able to close your account
    10,000 posts
    Diet 16st 05lbs
    Start 18st 02lbs 14/9
    Wiina of the Presstidgeous Comedy award

mgf
    Contributor mgf
    You are able to request that any of your details are removed under the Data Protection Act 1988. It should just be a case of notifying the site owners.

The selling of the data as an asset from oldRP to newRP is perfectly legit, it happens all the time with marketing companies.

Expert colsey is just really nice colsey is just really nice colsey is just really nice colsey is just really nice colsey is just really nice
    agree with Phil.
    It takes a lifetime to build a reputation and a second to break it.

Rpoints Elite blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Month June 2012 Member of the Month May 2012 Member of the Month Jan 2012 Member of the Month December 2011 Member of the Month August 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by colsey
    agree with Phil.
    Not often you heard those words these days. But I also agree we should have a chance to delete some or all of our details.

Contributor mel78 is a jewel in the rough mel78 is a jewel in the rough mel78 is a jewel in the rough mel78 is a jewel in the rough
    Perhaps the new owners will also delete Phil completely.

Contributor frostrichard
    Quote Originally Posted by mel78
    Perhaps the new owners will also delete Phil completely.
    Banned for life would be helpful.

But as said here I should have thought this route would be the sensible one to take.

Quote Originally Posted by RudeKev
    My best guess would be that all of the data was deemed an assert and was sold to the new owners by the old Rpoints
    You can't actually quit at the mo
    Biut I suspect that when they Relaunh then you will be able to close your account

Contributor mel78 is a jewel in the rough mel78 is a jewel in the rough mel78 is a jewel in the rough mel78 is a jewel in the rough
    We should of course note that there is no mention in Phil's post of having chats with his mate Ian or having news for us. Have the lovers fallen out??

Super Moderator Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light
    Yes, you will be able to do that when we relaunch. Once we have completed all the programming work and relaunch the site, we will be sending emails out to all registered members with announcement, new t&c etc.

Essentially, we legitimately bought the website and the database associated with it. Once we relaunch, any member who wants their account closed/data removed will be removed from the site. Obviously we will listen to concerns and ensure that we try and re-engage members, but we will honour the request of members who want to close their account.
    Do you work in the Public Sector? Earn more cashback In-Store. Learn more on public sector staff discounts