Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: New Competitions: Suggestions Thread

Super Moderator Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light

New Competitions: Suggestions Thread

As part of our plans to reward members for contributing on New Rpoints forums, there are already a few competitions/Awards runningAnd ofcourse, Comp Guru Kev's own successful May Quiz

We plan to run more competitions. There are already some useful suggestions including one for a Photographer of the Year Competition

Please post your suggestions and ideas for further competitions on this thread.
    blythburgh likes this.
    Do you work in the Public Sector? Earn more cashback In-Store. Learn more on public sector staff discounts

Super Moderator Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light
    More suggestions recieved so far

Joke of the Year
    Quote of the Month
    Funniest Anecdote of the year
    Bargain Hunter of the Month/year

Thanks for your pms. If you post suggestions on comps here, other members can comment as well.
    blythburgh likes this.
    Do you work in the Public Sector? Earn more cashback In-Store. Learn more on public sector staff discounts

Moderator Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    Moderator of the Month May 2012 Moderator of the Month June 2012
    It might be nice to have some awards for posts which help members to save or make money for themselves, such as:

Tip Of The Month (perhaps something more jazzy like Moneyspinner Of The Month might sound better)
    Deal Of The Month
    Coupon Of The Month

If someone goes out of their way to research and post in detail about a new and especially lucrative money-making scheme, it might be nice to present them with The JL Award, in memory of the legendary JL who kindly shared so much with the Rpoints community. I think this should be a high accolade, awarded only very rarely for the very best contributions.
    Last edited by Sarah; 8th May 2011 at 02:18 PM.
    blythburgh likes this.

Freebie Guru & Expert expressman33 has a reputation beyond repute expressman33 has a reputation beyond repute expressman33 has a reputation beyond repute expressman33 has a reputation beyond repute expressman33 has a reputation beyond repute expressman33 has a reputation beyond repute expressman33 has a reputation beyond repute expressman33 has a reputation beyond repute expressman33 has a reputation beyond repute expressman33 has a reputation beyond repute expressman33 has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Year 2011 - Winner
    Member of the Month April 2012 Member of the Month Jan 2012 Best Freebie Hunter Deal Hunter of the Month July 2011 Member of the Month May 2011
    Why not have a member of the year competion ?

Would New Rpoints consider putting up a small cash prize of say £10

My vote would go to Kev
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience

Contributor Denant has a spectacular aura about Denant has a spectacular aura about
    Quote Originally Posted by expressman33 View Post

Would New Rpoints consider putting up a small cash prize of say £10

My vote would go to Kev
    Seconded
    blythburgh likes this.
    Want free tea, fruit juice, biscuits and crisps ?
    Visit my website Thanks

Enthusiast mamaflump has much to be proud of mamaflump has much to be proud of mamaflump has much to be proud of mamaflump has much to be proud of mamaflump has much to be proud of mamaflump has much to be proud of mamaflump has much to be proud of mamaflump has much to be proud of mamaflump has much to be proud of
    Awards Member of the Month March 2012 Member of the Month May 2012 Member of the Month Feb 2012 Member of the Month October 2011 Member of the Month September 2011
    I'll 3rd that, but possibly need a higher prize money as MOTM is £25 so wouldnt one expect MOTY to be considerably more?
    blythburgh and RudeKev like this.

Legend & Competitions Guru RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Year 2011 - Winner
    Special Contributor Award Special Contributor Award Jan 2012 Spelling Award 2011 Most Popular Rpointer Member of the Month June 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by expressman33 View Post
    Can we get the MOTM from the last 2 months sorted first?
    10,000 posts
    Diet 16st 05lbs
    Start 18st 02lbs 14/9
    Wiina of the Presstidgeous Comedy award

Enthusiast xXxRaIcHxXx has a reputation beyond repute xXxRaIcHxXx has a reputation beyond repute xXxRaIcHxXx has a reputation beyond repute xXxRaIcHxXx has a reputation beyond repute xXxRaIcHxXx has a reputation beyond repute xXxRaIcHxXx has a reputation beyond repute xXxRaIcHxXx has a reputation beyond repute xXxRaIcHxXx has a reputation beyond repute xXxRaIcHxXx has a reputation beyond repute xXxRaIcHxXx has a reputation beyond repute xXxRaIcHxXx has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Special Contributor Award Special Contributor Award Jan 2012 Special Contributor Award
    £25 x 12 = £300

and yes we are still waiting on 2 MOTM's, almost 3.
    Denant likes this.

Rpoints Elite blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Month June 2012 Member of the Month May 2012 Member of the Month Jan 2012 Member of the Month December 2011 Member of the Month August 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mamaflump View Post
    I'll 3rd that, but possibly need a higher prize money as MOTM is £25 so wouldnt one expect MOTY to be considerably more?
    I'll 4th it but agree the MOTM comp does need sorting. The winner needs the money to a) buy in the sales and b) pay the credit card bill that will be coming ere long
    Denant likes this.

Contributor Denant has a spectacular aura about Denant has a spectacular aura about
    Am I the only one who liked the footy predictions comp on old rpoints ?
    I might've posted that I'd like it to make an appearence for next season
    Want free tea, fruit juice, biscuits and crisps ?
    Visit my website Thanks