Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: NEW forum (beta): Feedback Thread

Super Moderator Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light

NEW forum (beta): Feedback Thread

Hi All

After long slog, we have got the new forum live. Major upgrade work is complete, but there is still some work to do on configurations, user settings, permissions etc and we thought we will ask for your feedback on what you think of the new forum.

There was plenty of work done, but here is an outline

- We moved to more secure servers and network infrastructure
    - Upgraded forum software
    - Cleaned up the database of old/invalid data
    - Enhanced security and data protection
    - Removed some old posts and threads which are not relevant
    - Re-organised some of the forums

User Titles

Following feedback and suggestions from our members, we will be replacing the old titles to new ones. We have applied some provisional ones to your profile (based on number of posts so far). We welcome your suggestions on what the new titles/ranks should be. I have launched a competition in the "competitions" forum regarding this.

Since this is the major upgrade, we welcome all your feedback and suggestions so we can get this new forum to what we all like.

If you have any problems using the forum, feel free to pm me or email rpoints (at) vacmedia.com
    Do you work in the Public Sector? Earn more cashback In-Store. Learn more on public sector staff discounts

Expert colsey is just really nice colsey is just really nice colsey is just really nice colsey is just really nice colsey is just really nice
    Hate the "NEW" tag, even labour have dropped it for being cheesy
    It takes a lifetime to build a reputation and a second to break it.

Super Moderator Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light
    Yes, I hate that too. It is only temporary though. Considering what happened when Rpoints were run by the previous owners, we just want to ensure that the new beginning under new management is emphasised to returning members. After a month or so of full relaunch, it will just be Rpoints - no NEW tag.
    Do you work in the Public Sector? Earn more cashback In-Store. Learn more on public sector staff discounts

Contributor mel78 is a jewel in the rough mel78 is a jewel in the rough mel78 is a jewel in the rough mel78 is a jewel in the rough
    Why are you unable to spell 'better'
    RudeKev likes this.

Contributor mel78 is a jewel in the rough mel78 is a jewel in the rough mel78 is a jewel in the rough mel78 is a jewel in the rough
    What do I think? Seems ok so far, lets hope the cashback side of things is at least as good.
    NewsOnline likes this.

Rpoints Elite blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Month June 2012 Member of the Month May 2012 Member of the Month Jan 2012 Member of the Month December 2011 Member of the Month August 2011
    What happened to the Maximiles thread? I found it so useful for finding the polls, videos etc that give you free points without having to check in.

Rpoints Elite 0lly is a jewel in the rough 0lly is a jewel in the rough 0lly is a jewel in the rough
    I think some extra registration verification is needed to stop the spam-bots I would recommend using vBulletin's Question and Answer Verification rather than any of the image verification ones.

Quote Originally Posted by blythburgh View Post
    What happened to the Maximiles thread? I found it so useful for finding the polls, videos etc that give you free points without having to check in.
    This one? Maximiles Daily Thread: Watch videos for points!
    Janine@Rpoints likes this.

Moderator Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    Moderator of the Month May 2012 Moderator of the Month June 2012
    blythburgh if you followed an old link or bookmark, they unfortunately don't work anymore even for topics that have been migrated across to the new site. Hopefully you can find any old topics that interested you, as Olly has kindy done for you above, and then make new bookmarks for them. Hope this helps!

@ Olly - very good suggestion indeed. I have enabled the question and answer verification system instead of the image verification one. However, from what I could see from the logs, the spammers over the last few days have been manual ones rather than bots.

We are going to be installing some new spam prevention modules this week, until then I have also configured it so all new users will have be moderated before they are allowed to post. This should stop spammers for now.
    0lly likes this.

Contributor Denant has a spectacular aura about Denant has a spectacular aura about
    It all takes time to get used too,I dare say couple of months down the line we won't think too much about it at all.....bearing that in mind you'll never please everyone but a good way will be reliable cashback ;o)
    Want free tea, fruit juice, biscuits and crisps ?
    Visit my website Thanks