Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: NEW Rpoints re-launch: Rpoints under new management

Contributor angst_
    I would resist the temptation to have a massive redesign of the website.There are already plenty of shiny alternatives.Customers may appreciate the simple look and feel of rpoints.From memory the site last went through a big redesign in 2008, it didn't go down well.Also what about a Iphone and android apps?

If you want to do a big rehash test it on CBK and see which performs best?

Super Moderator Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light
    Quote Originally Posted by angst_
    I would resist the temptation to have a massive redesign of the website.
    We are not thinking of a massive flashy redesign and want to keep it clean and fresh. When we upgrade forum software, it will change the look anyway to some degree.

We want to visually distinguish the "old rpoints" and the new one to some degree, but keep a level of familiarity in the branding.

Re iphone, android etc - definitely on the list to consider at a later date. Launching asap is top priority now.
    Do you work in the Public Sector? Earn more cashback In-Store. Learn more on public sector staff discounts

Expert TOPCAT57
    Quote Originally Posted by angst_
    I would resist the temptation to have a massive redesign of the website.There are already plenty of shiny alternatives.Customers may appreciate the simple look and feel of rpoints.From memory the site last went through a big redesign in 2008, it didn't go down well.Also what about a Iphone and android apps?

If you want to do a big rehash test it on CBK and see which performs best?
    Perhaps they money would be better spent on your most important asset - your customers?

Super Moderator Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light
    Quote Originally Posted by TOPCAT57
    Perhaps they money would be better spent on your most important asset - your customers?
    Yes, thats what we are planning to do. Not much money is going to be spent on the design element as such. But things like security enhancements, fraud detection algorithms, tracking and reporting technology, ticketing systems etc need much work.
    Do you work in the Public Sector? Earn more cashback In-Store. Learn more on public sector staff discounts

Legend & Competitions Guru RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Year 2011 - Winner
    Special Contributor Award Special Contributor Award Jan 2012 Spelling Award 2011 Most Popular Rpointer Member of the Month June 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Member349878
    P*sses me off it does,what about the people that lost money on the old rpoints whatever u wanna call it and didnt claim because of all the hassle,then you "new" people come in tweak a few buttons then start all over again,everyone is all happy happy happy and giving suggestions for the new site,some people have very short memories,how do we know people from the "old" are not connected with the"new",i bet many many people,including myself didnt bother to claim money owed to them and the"new" expect everything to just go back as it was after throwing a few small incentives at the customer,can i ask you admin if you had been ripped off by someone would you be in a hurry to go back to them,you seem to be talking as if nothing as happened,pay me what im owed and id consider using the site,and please all the goody two shoes member before you start on me in the hope of getting a "moderator"job.....dont bother.
    Some V valid points there
    But both R Y and Janine have both posted that the old owners have nothin to do with the new owners.
    If your owed money then put a claim in
    No one expect you to go bac to someone who ripped you off but if a shop close and then a new one open with differnt owners then you wouldn't expect the new owners to be responsible for the old debts.
    They are gonna ring fence cashback
    Is there any other sites that offer that
    10,000 posts
    Diet 16st 05lbs
    Start 18st 02lbs 14/9
    Wiina of the Presstidgeous Comedy award

Member Member349878
    Quote Originally Posted by RudeKev
    P*sses me off it does,what about the people that lost money on the old rpoints whatever u wanna call it and didnt claim because of all the hassle,then you "new" people come in tweak a few buttons then start all over again,everyone is all happy happy happy and giving suggestions for the new site,some people have very short memories,how do we know people from the "old" are not connected with the"new",i bet many many people,including myself didnt bother to claim money owed to them and the"new" expect everything to just go back as it was after throwing a few small incentives at the customer,can i ask you admin if you had been ripped off by someone would you be in a hurry to go back to them,you seem to be talking as if nothing as happened,pay me what im owed and id consider using the site,and please all the goody two shoes member before you start on me in the hope of getting a "moderator"job.....dont bother.
    Some V valid points there
    But both ** and Janine have both posted that the old owners have nothin to do with the new owners.
    If your owed money then put a claim in
    No one expect you to go bac to someone who ripped you off but if a shop close and then a new one open with differnt owners then you wouldn't expect the new owners to be responsible for the old debts.
    They are gonna ring fence cashback
    Is there any other sites that offer that
    thanks for your polite response,you could be right but you could also be wrong they are not gonna tell us if they are connected and the wife of the previous bankrupt fella suddenly gets involved if u know what i mean,as for ring fenceing cashback,surely they have to offer that to have any chance of clawing customers back.

Freebie Guru & Expert expressman33 has a reputation beyond repute expressman33 has a reputation beyond repute expressman33 has a reputation beyond repute expressman33 has a reputation beyond repute expressman33 has a reputation beyond repute expressman33 has a reputation beyond repute expressman33 has a reputation beyond repute expressman33 has a reputation beyond repute expressman33 has a reputation beyond repute expressman33 has a reputation beyond repute expressman33 has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Year 2011 - Winner
    Member of the Month April 2012 Member of the Month Jan 2012 Best Freebie Hunter Deal Hunter of the Month July 2011 Member of the Month May 2011

Contributor BaggerBond1
    I will not be using the service and luckily I did not lose anything as I stopped using the service for cashback a few years ago. I feel sorry for the ones who did lose out. the well was milked dry and you could see it starting years ago. Too many greedy pigs at the troff.

The cashback offered was usually 50% of the cashback you could have gotten from other sites so it makes you wonder where all the money went too?

Moderator Chadwick will become famous soon enough Chadwick will become famous soon enough
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    It's a bit like when a pub closes and then reopens under new management. They redecorate, change the beers and try to welcome the punters back in.
    If you felt the old landlord had been rude and the beer overpriced, would you avoid the new landlord because of that?

Member Member349878
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadwick
    It's a bit like when a pub closes and then reopens under new management. They redecorate, change the beers and try to welcome the punters back in.
    If you felt the old landlord had been rude and the beer overpriced, would you avoid the new landlord because of that?

might be for you but none of my pubs owe me money and i couldnt give a hoot about the decor,talk sense.and to be honest i didnt really expect a moderator to agree with me and speak the truth.