Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light

NEW Rpoints - What would you like? Suggestions thread

Further to my previous annoucement in this forum, our different teams are working on re-launch plan.

We would welcome your feedback on what you would like to have on the new Rpoints and feedback on some of our ideas

Briefly, the following are some of the things our teams are discussing
    • - Ringfencing promise - your money will be ring-fenced
      - Update and upgrade the technology behind the portal
      - Refreshing the design (some of us think of a major redesign, but we want to keep the familiarity.
      - customer service improvements
      - adding high street cashback
      - combining online voucher codes with cashback
      - improving communications with members
      - ? automated payments so you dont need to "claim" your money
    Feel free to give us feedback, we will do whatever we can to ensure all member ideas are considered.

Rpoints Elite One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough
    It seems you got the site on the cheap (when you were prepared to buy it before and were prepared to pay us our cashback).

So can you use the capital you saved to make payments to us in respect of the money we lost when you went bust?

Super Moderator Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light
    Quote Originally Posted by One Eyed Snake
    It seems you got the site on the cheap (when you were prepared to buy it before and were prepared to pay us our cashback).
    ?
    No, we did not buy it "cheaply". Due to various legal and contractual reasons, I can't disclose the exact price, but it was more than any other company bid for.

Yes, last year we did try to save this company and members cashback by giving different options to the previous owners. Our hands were tied as an outsider when the previous owners let the company go into compulsory liquidation. That devalued the site atleast by about 10 times.

With technology out-of-date, sites run-down and closed for months, brand reputation in tatters, low morale of members and bad press - no other bidder was willing to pay close to what we paid.

Now, there is a major re-build operation to do with more investment to bring this up to scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by One Eyed Snake
    So can you use the capital you saved to make payments to us in respect of the money we lost when you went bust?
    Firstly, we did not go bust. The old owners did.

For the above reasons I mentioned, we did not actually save money as you can't compare both scenarios like for like (old thriving site with reputation intact vs now).

However, we are working out ways of paying a major chunk of any profits we make from the relaunched sites back to members who continue to use the site.

Contributor mel78 is a jewel in the rough mel78 is a jewel in the rough mel78 is a jewel in the rough mel78 is a jewel in the rough
    I'm not bothered whether you bought the site cheaply or not. I will judge you on what happens in the future and I hope the majority of other members will do likewise.

Contributor parchedpea will become famous soon enough
    Maximise the cashback as best you can, reward return 'loyal' customers with higher rates, have some prizes or bonuses to drive content onto the forums, fast payouts with as many options as possible (Amazon / BACS / Paypal are a good start).

Don't blow money on referrals - most people are savvy about cashback now so get the best rates you can and the custom will come.

Seriously - consider a name change or an extension to youRPOINTS or something as this brand does have a whiff about it now.

Keep good communication with the customer base - you have already made a good start here - don't make promises you can't deliver, but engage the membership and they will do most of the hard work for you by telling you where you're going right and wrong.

But the bottom line will be: who offers the best cashback rates at the biggest retailers. I don't care if I can save 25% at BirthdayCardsForGnomes.com and it won't drive me to use Rpoints.

But a marginally better rate at one of the big boys will always win my custom.

Good luck with it - this site was one of the best and dropped off badly in the last few years but it is not beyond saving yet. But Rpoints customers are the savviest bunch out there, so you're going to have to drive the best rates and offers to get them back here over other more 'established' sites.

Contributor parchedpea will become famous soon enough
    And one more thing. One of the 'advantages' that Rpoints has over other sites is that it uses points that directly convert to pence: 1 point is 1 pence.

Play with the margins a bit more, for example, make 10 points worth 1 pence and then give out 'bonus' points to purchases over a certain amount in a month.

eg. NOW i get 100 points which is £1. Other sites offer me the same rate.
    The new system would give me 1000 which would still transfer to £1. But you could give 1005 points (effectively half a pence). This marginal bonus would be enough to give you the edge over a competitor whilst costing you half as much as a full 'point'.

And the only people who would benefit from it would be people who used this site more often than others as they'd need to make two purchases (in the above example) to be able to cash the full penny.

Contributor Jazzy will become famous soon enough Jazzy will become famous soon enough
    I only have one suggestion.

Make sure you keep the forums as the focal point of the site.

Tut
    Enthusiast Tut
    Yes, I like the idea of ring-fencing accrued cashback. {Once ring-fenced, does this mean they won't "expire"?}

Also would like to see the cashback values remain in pounds not points.
    {Been stung by other companies in the past devaluing the points values overnight}.

Would also like to see the return of exchanging cashback for Amazon vouchers and the "high-roller" idea, where you get X% bonus if you save up to a certain level before cashing in.

This has advantages of encouraging users to use the site more {in order to get to the higher level} and minimising the number of cash ins {reducing admin time}.

Just some of my initial thoughts ... I'm sure there are others and others on here undoubtedly have more!

Contributor jblows
    I think a change in name is definitely one of the things to do.

Enthusiast me49684 will become famous soon enough
    Yes keep the forums as a major part of the site

This place was always my first port of call just for the interesting posts in the forums and if any help was needed I knew I could get answers here (not always sensible ones but always appreciated )

Cash back is an added bonus if the rates are good enough
    You are only young once but you can be immature forever !!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast