Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: old members of Rpoints who were not paid when it was shut down

Super Moderator Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light
    It seems like the liquidator has sent out emails to old Rpoints members (from what some of you say). We are flooded with tickets and pms from members requesting to know their balances. From what some of you told us, you have until the end of November to contact liquidators re your balance at the previous Rpoints.

Due to the volume of queries, it could take a few days to answer everyone, so bear with us. But we will reply everyone who contacted us.
    Denant likes this.
    Do you work in the Public Sector? Earn more cashback In-Store. Learn more on public sector staff discounts

Member Member349878
    Quite convenient this dont you think,im owed money from r points and you keep reffering to it as "old" and you guys open a new site with the same name and expect people to just forget about it,one site even offering people money they are owed as a competition prize!!!joke aint the word,pay me what im owed and ill use your site,your nothing but rip offs!!1

Legend & Competitions Guru RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Year 2011 - Winner
    Special Contributor Award Special Contributor Award Jan 2012 Spelling Award 2011 Most Popular Rpointer Member of the Month June 2011
    The people running New Rpoints are completly different from the people running Old rpoints. as explained here
    10,000 posts
    Diet 16st 05lbs
    Start 18st 02lbs 14/9
    Wiina of the Presstidgeous Comedy award

Moderator Chadwick will become famous soon enough Chadwick will become famous soon enough
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Member349878 View Post
    Quite convenient this dont you think,im owed money from r points and you keep reffering to it as "old" and you guys open a new site with the same name and expect people to just forget about it,one site even offering people money they are owed as a competition prize!!!joke aint the word,pay me what im owed and ill use your site,your nothing but rip offs!!1
    As Kev says, the new management are entirely different from the old ones. They bought the name "Rpoints" and the database of contact details, but otherwise they are a completely different company. The new management don't owe you anything.

As for the old balance you had with old Rpoints, when a company goes bust it means there is no money left to pay people. So who is responsible for that? Who owes you? What the liquidator does, is to sell off as much as possible from whatever is left of the old company, and to give that money back to those who make a claim for it. There won't be enough money to pay everyone all of what they are owed, but you should get something. To be in on this, you need to submit a formal claim to the liquidator.

Meanwhile, as a gesture of goodwill, the new Rpoints management are offering to give randomly selected members a prize equal to their old Rpoints balance. This prize money comes out of new Rpoints' purse - it has not been earned by the winners specifically doing cashback, and it is not "your" money that has been sitting in the bank the whole time.

Member Member349878
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadwick View Post
    As Kev says, the new management are entirely different from the old ones. They bought the name "Rpoints" and the database of contact details, but otherwise they are a completely different company. The new management don't owe you anything.

As for the old balance you had with old Rpoints, when a company goes bust it means there is no money left to pay people. So who is responsible for that? Who owes you? What the liquidator does, is to sell off as much as possible from whatever is left of the old company, and to give that money back to those who make a claim for it. There won't be enough money to pay everyone all of what they are owed, but you should get something. To be in on this, you need to submit a formal claim to the liquidator.

Meanwhile, as a gesture of goodwill, the new Rpoints management are offering to give randomly selected members a prize equal to their old Rpoints balance. This prize money comes out of new Rpoints' purse - it has not been earned by the winners specifically doing cashback, and it is not "your" money that has been sitting in the bank the whole time.
    i dont expect a moderator to be on the customers side,people was ripped off and they think offering them the money they was owed is a 'gesture'dont tell me someone who was connected with the so called"old" r points isnt connected with this site! i dont expect you to speak your mind officer chadwick as your job means to much to you!

Moderator Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    Moderator of the Month May 2012 Moderator of the Month June 2012
    Moderators are customers just like everyone else; we have no "connection" to Rpoints, this ain't a job!
    mamaflump likes this.

Legend & Competitions Guru RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Year 2011 - Winner
    Special Contributor Award Special Contributor Award Jan 2012 Spelling Award 2011 Most Popular Rpointer Member of the Month June 2011
    Not sure what your own about member,
    No one connected with running 'Old Rpoints' has anything todo with running 'New Rpoints
    And i don't work for them nor am I a Mod
    10,000 posts
    Diet 16st 05lbs
    Start 18st 02lbs 14/9
    Wiina of the Presstidgeous Comedy award

Member Member349878
    Quote Originally Posted by RudeKev View Post
    Not sure what your own about member,
    No one connected with running 'Old Rpoints' has anything todo with running 'New Rpoints
    And i don't work for them nor am I a Mod
    so you tell me rudekev,how are you 100% sure that people running the old rpoints have nothing to do any way with the new

Junior Member DAVE222 is an unknown quantity at this point
    So why have you banned me!!1

Junior Member DAVE222 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by member349878 View Post
    so you tell me rudekev,how are you 100% sure that people running the old rpoints have nothing to do any way with the new
    i posted this and then you ban me??want to tell me why? Did i hit a nerve or something because i wasnt abusive!!!BIT GUTLESS DONT YOU THINK!!I MUST HAVE HIT A SORE POINT!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast