Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: old members of Rpoints who were not paid when it was shut down

Moderator Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    Moderator of the Month May 2012 Moderator of the Month June 2012
    Huh? As far as I can tell, neither of you are banned or have infractions.

Super Moderator Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light
    No one in this discussion was banned or given infarctions.

I can categorically say that we have no affiliations with previous company (this has been debated extensively in other posts)

Moderators (& Rudekev) are members like anyone else and their forum contributions are voluntary. So to accuse them of things is really unfair.

Legend & Competitions Guru RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Year 2011 - Winner
    Special Contributor Award Special Contributor Award Jan 2012 Spelling Award 2011 Most Popular Rpointer Member of the Month June 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Member349878 View Post
    so you tell me rudekev,how are you 100% sure that people running the old rpoints have nothing to do any way with the new

Yes I am
    Richard set up a new site and there was 'talk' of legal action by VAC Media against him but that hasn't happen yet
    Ian *****, well, anyone who know his 'alleged' history wouldn't be comfortable doin business with him.
    Not sure if Brad Rosser still in cashback sites His CV a little vague
    But I'm certain his not involved here
    So, yes, I am 100% certain and I am neither an employee/Mod or anything other than a customer
    expressman33 and mamaflump like this.
    10,000 posts
    Diet 16st 05lbs
    Start 18st 02lbs 14/9
    Wiina of the Presstidgeous Comedy award

Moderator Chadwick will become famous soon enough Chadwick will become famous soon enough
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    Dave222 & Member349878, if you won't take our word for it, you can check out Companies House.

Seriously, "old" Rpoints went bust. There was no money to pay anyone. The company was dissolved and the staff dismissed. The liquidators are trying to salvage what they can to repay creditors like yourselves.

The new guys, VAC Media, used to be Rpoints' competition. That's how different they are from the old management. The mods are just old regulars who used to hang around here so much that we got invited to look after the forums. We have absolutely no connection with the money side of things - all we can do is edit swear words out of the forums and delete spam.

Everyone who lost money was annoyed about it. Same as the people who'd ordered kitchens from Moben were annoyed when they went bust. Or suppliers who'd given stock to Woolworths but not been paid when they went bust. But your fight is with the old management, not the new company.

Rpoints Elite blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Month June 2012 Member of the Month May 2012 Member of the Month Jan 2012 Member of the Month December 2011 Member of the Month August 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Member349878 View Post
    i dont expect a moderator to be on the customers side,people was ripped off and they think offering them the money they was owed is a 'gesture'dont tell me someone who was connected with the so called"old" r points isnt connected with this site! i dont expect you to speak your mind officer chadwick as your job means to much to you!
    Being a mod is a thankless task and I have yet to find one in any of the Cashback sites who are not fair and balanced in how they behave.
    Chadwick and mamaflump like this.

Junior Member gcoddy
    Janine,
    I understand you must have a lot of queries to handle (mine amongst them, I hope!) and I guess you must now also be getting a lot of people chasing to see why they haven't yet had a response. Could you post a date by which you reckon you'll have cleared the backlog (i.e. the date after which people should get in touch again if they haven't had a response)?

smc
    Junior Member smc
    I am getting regular e-mails from the liquidators, had about four now but I can't reply to them as don't have the information which has to get to them by 30th November. I have had a reply from Rpoints to say my request has been passed onto relevant person.

Super Moderator Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light
    Hi gcoddy, we expect to have replied everyone by the end of the week. I have your pm to which I will respond asap.
    Do you work in the Public Sector? Earn more cashback In-Store. Learn more on public sector staff discounts

smc
    Junior Member smc
    I have had a reply now but I am not sure the amount is correct, lot less than I expected, have replied to have it rechecked but if they insist it is only about £8.00 then it is not worth my while bothering to claim.

Quote Originally Posted by smc View Post
    I have had a reply now but I am not sure the amount is correct, lot less than I expected, have replied to have it rechecked but if they insist it is only about £8.00 then it is not worth my while bothering to claim.
    Hi smc, we give the details based on the database we received when we purchased the site from the liquidators. So far, no one has disputed the amounts so we believe the information we got is fairly accurate.
    Do you work in the Public Sector? Earn more cashback In-Store. Learn more on public sector staff discounts